TRX-1: No sound while charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterf150

TRX-1 works just fine, and use to work while charging. However, just recently, when its charging the sound quits working shortly after plugging it in. It is still scanning and picking up traffic, albeit without sound. Any ideas?

Swipesy

I have had that issue with my GRE-800. Try resetting EZScan to Factory Defaults and then download to radio. If that doesn't work try your Weather Channel. If that does not work then I would do a firmware reinstall.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If you are plugging in the power after the radio is already operating, you may be corrupting the SD card. Plug in the power before turning the radio on.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I have my TRX-1 plugged in most of the time... never an issue with audio dropping out. I always plug in first, then turn it on after the "initializing uSD" message goes away. And never unplug before turning it off.

roosterf150

I have my TRX-1 plugged in most of the time... never an issue with audio dropping out. I always plug in first, then turn it on after the "initializing uSD" message goes away. And never unplug before turning it off.
Interesting. I have, inadvertently, unplugged the unit before powering it down a couple times. I'll set the scanner back to factory and see if that quells the issue. Thanks for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.