WS1040: no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

nveil

Premium Subscriber
Just bought the ws1040 and got it programmed but i can't hear anyone talking. It shows that it is stopping on the police department but cant hear a thing. I bought the arc 500 programming software to program. what am i doing wrong any help i do get sound when i switch to the weather

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just bought the ws1040 and got it programmed but i can't hear anyone talking. It shows that it is stopping on the police department but cant hear a thing. I bought the arc 500 programming software to program. what am i doing wrong any help i do get sound when i switch to the weather
What system? Can you provide a link to it in the database?

Also, what is your location? City, or county, and state?

nveil

Premium Subscriber
crook county wyoming im new to this so i dont know what you mean by a link? whistler ws1040 digital trunking handheld radio scanner

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
crook county wyoming im new to this so i dont know what you mean by a link? whistler ws1040 digital trunking handheld radio scanner
The "link" I am referring to is what you see in your browser's address bar, regardless of whether you are using Windows Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or whatever. That is where you can view the details that are in the RadioReference database.

This would be the "link" for your county:

Here is a link to your statewide system:

When the scanner is 'stopping' on the police department, is that on the conventional frequencies shown on the county's page? (First link above)

Or is that when stopped on the talkgroup in the trunked system (in other words, on WyoLink.

Can you attach your programming file to a post? Find the file, on your PC, then <right><click> on it. From the menu that pops up, select "Send to", then from that point choose the option for "Compressed (zipped) folder. You can then attach that file to a post so that someone can take a look and possibly suggest what needs to be changed.

Note that if the scanner is stopping on a talkgroup on the trunked system (WyoLink), specify which one it is stopping on, but not getting audio,

Status
Not open for further replies.