No talkgroup ID in database

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCANNMAN77

Premium Subscriber
My sacnner software asks for 'talkgroup ID' (TGID) when entering new P25 freqs to add to it. It does not ask for decimal, hex, or mode.
How can I get TGIDs from the radioreference database?

marksmith

Your scanner software does not ask for TGID when entering site frequencies. Those are two different things.

Frequencies for the system (at least control channels, depending on scanner) must be entered for the system before it would know what to do with a talk group ID.

All talk groups known for a system can be found in the database for the system, but unless you establish the system site frequencies, your scanner will do nothing.

u2brent

OAMPT
My sacnner software asks for 'talkgroup ID' (TGID) when entering new P25 freqs to add to it. It does not ask for decimal, hex, or mode.
How can I get TGIDs from the radioreference database?
Beginning at the above link.. (assuming you're in North America)
Find your State/Province, Then the County/Parish, Then if listed The Trunked Systems are at the bottom of each page.
click the appropriate system and see what's listed. If the system is not on the RR DB page then it hasn't been submitted by anyone. If it's listed but has no TG or limited Site info then once again nobody has submitted any..
Hex and Dec are used, Without more info. There's not much more that can be said..
If using supported software, you can use the import option (depending on the software/radio used) with your premium membership RR login credentials.. (But the TGID's need to be known & submitted by a member to exist for import in the first place)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are we talking about a trunked P25 system or a conventional P25 system? P25 "goes both ways". If it is a conventional P25, there would only be frequencies and no talkgroups. If it is indeed a trunked P25 system, you can set the scanner to do an ID Search where the scanner will search for talkgroup IDs.

SCANNMAN77

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD436HP Firmware Updates & software setup order...
I have a BCD436HP. Firmware version out of the box is: 1.09.02
For a new system selection the owner’s manual shows 6 New System type options: P25 Trunk, P25 X2-TDMA, P25 One Frequency, Motorola, EDACS, LTR, and Conventional.
When programming it with Pro Scan software (V16.3), the software lists a few more: MotoTRBO, DMR One Frequency, NXDN Trunk, and NXDN One Frequency. I guess Pro Scan is ready for these decryption upgrades?

ProVoice is not in the Pro Scan system options list, so does Pro Scan include this ProVoice option once installed in the radio?

I have no problem setting up Conventional and P25 systems and sending to the scanner. They are easy enough to program. Getting the “tree” for systems, freqs, and TGIDs right (in that order) for P25 was the toughest part. Done. Backing up my SD card data is a breeze.

I think I have to register the ESN with Uniden, then update the radio’s firmware to V 3.0 with Sentinel before getting the decrypt upgrades. Seems the best way to go.

Am I doing right so far?

Before updating the firmware I should back up the SD card, so I don’t lose my favorites. After updating the firmware, I can then buy the decrypt upgrades and install them. There is plenty of info online as to how to upgrade firmware, but nothing I can find as to how to install the decrypt upgrades. I’m hoping Uniden didn’t drop the ball here on decrypt installations.

I plan to buy these (3): ProVoice, NXDN, and DMR decrypt upgrades as they probably won’t come in the free firmware upgrade. Is there any specific install order for decrypts?

I’d like to do it all, so are there any other NEW decrypt types I’m missing?

Can anyone tell me HOW to install these decrypt upgrades?

After the decrypt, upgrades are installed, I’ll need a few pointers as to how to program NXDN, ProVoice, and DMR systems…
Are they all about the same ‘data tree’ as P25?
What additional data will I need to plug in beyond P25 with the software to get these decrypt systems working?
Is there a standard method of programming for decrypt systems?
I prefer to do all programming manually because I learn a lot more that way, and can arrange favs & groups in the “data tree” to my own liking with the best scanning performance.
Incidentally, I didn’t get Uniden’s National Database or even an SD card with my scanner, so how or where can I get Uniden’s ‘National Database’?
Anybody got a link?
Are the decrypt software options installed in the radio, or are they installed to the SD card?
Curious - Better to know ahead of time… If I ever have to do a ‘factory reset’ - (if that is possible) - With this scanner, will I permanently LOSE the decrypt and firmware upgrades?
Are these decrypt upgrades legal?
Is there a possibility firmware upgrades and decrypts can damage my scanner during install or when in use?
Again, better to know ahead of time…
SO FAR, SO GOOD…

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what you mean by "decrypt". Decrypting means to "translate" an encrypted transmission into something intelligible. Scanners cannot now nor in the future decrypt encrypted transmissions.

Firmware upgrades will not damage your scanner. They are not "lost" during any reset process. The same is true for any upgrades that will decode NXDN, ProVoice or DMR signals. (Decoding ain't decrypting).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
SCANNMAN77,
Don't call the DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice "decrypt upgrades". They are just simply "upgrades".
When programming it with Pro Scan software (V16.3), the software lists a few more: MotoTRBO, DMR One Frequency, NXDN Trunk, and NXDN One Frequency.
Sentinel and the scanner shows the same system types.
ProVoice is not in the Pro Scan system options list, so does Pro Scan include this ProVoice option once installed in the radio?
ProVoice Is programmed as an EDACS system.
I think I have to register the ESN with Uniden, then update the radio’s firmware to V 3.0 with Sentinel before getting the decrypt upgrades. Seems the best way to go.
The firmware and Sentinel versions needs to be current.
nothing I can find as to how to install the decrypt upgrades.
Is there any specific install order for decrypts upgrades?
Negative.
{EDIT} The DMR, NXDN, & ProVoice upgrades are not installed but rather enabled using a personalized key you received when you purchased the upgrade.
I’d like to do it all, so are there any other NEW decrypt types I’m missing?
Negative.
After the decrypt, upgrades are installed, I’ll need a few pointers as to how to program NXDN, ProVoice, and DMR systems…
Are they all about the same ‘data tree’ as P25?
The data tree is the same structure. On MotoTRBO and DMR One Freq systems, set the Color Code parameter at the trunking frequency level.
On NXDN and NXDN One Freq, set the RAN / Area parameter at the trunking frequency level.
On DMR One Freq systems, set the TDMA Slot parameter at the TGID channel level.
Provoice is programmed exactly like an EDACS system.
Incidentally, I didn’t get Uniden’s National Database or even an SD card with my scanner, so how or where can I get Uniden’s ‘National Database’?
The SD card comes with the scanner. It's located in the battery compartment.
Are the decrypt software options installed in the radio, or are they installed to the SD card?
They get installed on the SD card in the firmware folder.
{EDIT} I was thinking firmware. The DMR, NXDN, & ProVoice upgrades are not installed but rather enabled using a personalized key you received when you purchased the upgrade.
Curious - Better to know ahead of time… If I ever have to do a ‘factory reset’ - (if that is possible) - With this scanner, will I permanently LOSE the decrypt and firmware upgrades?
Negative.
Are these decrypt upgrades legal?
Perfectly legal. They do not have the capability to decrypt. Also Uniden compensates the license holders for each upgrade.
Is there a possibility firmware upgrades and decrypts can damage my scanner during install or when in use?
Negative.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Anybody got a link?

As Bob (ProScan) mentioned above, you did get an SD card with your scanner. The scanner can not boot up without an SD card in it. Also, the National database is already in your scanner... it’s on the SD card, and it’s also in Sentinel. Use Sentinel to update the database and then write it to the scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
then update the radio’s firmware to V 3.0 with Sentinel before getting the decrypt upgrades. Seems the best way to go.

Where are you seeing V3.0 as the firmware version for the BCD436HP? The latest firmware version available for the BCD436HP through Sentinel is 1.26.00

Status
Not open for further replies.