No township police or fire signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgamage

I am trying to figure out why I am not hearing anything on the rrequencies used by some of the small city and township police and fire departments in Genesee County. These include Davison City and Township police and fire as well as Burton, Clio, Flushing, Richfield Township and others. I am using a GRE-500 and I have created talkgroups using the tower frequencies for Genesee County listed here on RadioReference.com. and the talkgroup numbers found here. I am hearing all sorts of other traffic on the MPSCS system in Genesee County, just nothing from the small units I listed. They are shown as being proprietary and I am not sure if that means some of the settings on the scanner for these talkgroups need to be different than a normal talkgroup setup. Any advice anyone can give me will certainly be appreciated.

fnnm1062

longtime member
for the most part they are all dispatched on the county dispatch tg's. the proprietary channels are used as admin, car to car, type stuff and rarely used.

SCPD

QRT
Some of the proprietary are used a lot, i.e. GB Twp, Flint Twp., Sheriff. others seldom. depends on if they have a 24 hour base person and if they use MDT's for LEIN or do it vocally. The most important TG's in GenCo are the Central Dispatch ones. The only 2 PD's and FD's that are dispatched by their own bases are Flint and Fenton, the rest are by Central.

Last edited:

dgamage

Thanks for the replies, fnnm and Flintstone. It sounds like I have the scanner programmed correctly and there just isn't anything to hear on those talk-groups most of the time. I really love this scanner and just recently upgraded the firmware and it works even better. My mind is at ease now. Again, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.