No Trunk ID Tags - Proscan 7.0 and BC296D

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawfordw

Premium Subscriber
Newbie here, so please be gentle! (but help if you can) ....
Just purchased license for Proscan Ver 7.0 ....
Programming Uniden BC296D for trunked VIPER in NC ....
Entered frequencies for Wake County ....
Entered Talk Group ID numbers along with Talk Group Text Tags ....
Uploaded data to scanner ....
I can hear, log, and record traffic fine, but the Talk Group Numbers and Talk Group Text Tags are not displayed or logged ....
Pretty sure it's something simple, but ...................?

crawfordw

Premium Subscriber
I can hear, log, and record traffic fine, but the Talk Group Numbers and Talk Group Text Tags are not displayed or logged ....

one more piece of information:

What is being displayed/logged is the actual system frequency of the current transmission along with the text tag for the scanner bank that defines all of the system frequencies.

Desired display is the Talk Group ID number and the Text Tag assigned to that talk group.

Thx in advance to anyone who might have guidance about what I need to change, either in the scanner settings or in the data I upload to the scanner from Proscan.

oracavon

Since no one has responded, you might try asking a mod to move your post to the ProScan thread in the SW forum. You can do that by clicking on the red triangle in the top right corner of your first post.

crawfordw

Premium Subscriber
Thanks oracavon …. I actually posted initially in the SW forum, and after no responses there, asked that it be moved over here. I'll let it age off this front page, and if no more responses, will just have to live with it.

Appreciate the suggestion, though.

oracavon

I wish I could help, but I don't have a 296D to work with and I'm not familiar with ProScan logging. Another thing you might try is posting your request on in the support forum on the ProScan website. The users there are very knowledgeable. ProScan is a great program and Bob gives great support. I'd hate to see you living with a limitation that you don't have to, especially for something this simple.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Is the scanner in trunk mode? You can tell by the 1st line in the display showing "ID SCAN" or "ID SEARCH" If not showing then press the "TRUNK" button.
Are the trunking frequencies in the database show a check in the Trunk column?

crawfordw

Premium Subscriber
Is the scanner in trunk mode? You can tell by the 1st line in the display showing "ID SCAN" or "ID SEARCH" If not showing then press the "TRUNK" button.
Are the trunking frequencies in the database show a check in the Trunk column?

Bob, thanks for the suggestion of things to check.
I think I'm in TRUNK mode .... the 1st line shows SCAN, but not ID SCAN.
And the trunking frequencies in the database do have a check in the Trunk column.

Here are some screen captures from my current setup. The first is just a capture of the display while it's scanning. The 2nd thru 5th captures are the 4 subtabs from the main Database tab in ProScan.

And again, thanks for looking at my post. I also posted in your ProScan forum, but answered here since that's where I started my quest.

Attachments

• scanner screen capture.jpg
    scanner screen capture.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 181
  • channels screen capture.jpg
    channels screen capture.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 194
  • scan - search banks screen capture.jpg
    scan - search banks screen capture.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 166
  • trunk list screen capture.jpg
    trunk list screen capture.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 360
  • trunk bank settings screen capture.jpg
    trunk bank settings screen capture.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 172

crawfordw

Premium Subscriber
Three more screen captures: the first 2 are what I believe to be the data source of the display for lines 3 and 4, and the 3rd is what I would like to be displayed:

Attachments

• source of line 3 display.jpg
    source of line 3 display.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 249
  • source of line 4 display.jpg
    source of line 4 display.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 167
  • desired display.jpg
    desired display.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 180

oracavon

I'm just going by analogy with my 780XLT, but it looks like you're scanning those frequencies in conventional mode, not trunked mode. In addition to having them marked as trunked frequencies (which you have correctly done), you also need to enable trunked mode on the radio itself.

While scanning, push the "Trunk" button on the radio. The display should change from "SCAN" to "ID SCAN". "SCAN" is displayed when scanning in conventional mode, and "ID SCAN" is displayed when scanning in trunked mode.

You should leave the radio with trunk mode enabled. In that mode, it will scan channels marked as trunked channels in trunked mode, and it will continue to scan conventional channels (those not marked as trunked channels) in non-trunked mode. There's really no need to disable trunked mode at all. Disabling it just forces the radio to scan trunked channels as conventional channels. It looks like that's what's you're seeing.

Another thought here - if your radio is scanning in conventional mode, it should be stopping and getting stuck on the control channel for that system. The control channel must be programmed in with the rest of the channels in order for the radio to operate in trunked mode. Are you sure you have the control channel(s) programmed in?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
And the trunking frequencies in the database do have a check in the Trunk column.

Here are some screen captures from my current setup. The first is just a capture of the display while it's scanning. The 2nd thru 5th captures are the 4 subtabs from the main Database tab in ProScan.

And again, thanks for looking at my post. I also posted in your ProScan forum, but answered here since that's where I started my quest.

Thanks for the screen shots. I can see that the scanner is not in trunking mode. Press the Trunk key located on the right side. Press and hold the Trunk key for 2 seconds toggles ID Scan and ID Search trunking modes.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the screen shots. I can see that the scanner is not in trunking mode. Press the Trunk key located on the right side. Press and hold the Trunk key for 2 seconds toggles ID Scan and ID Search trunking modes. The S-meter shows low bars. You may want to check your antenna system.

Status
Not open for further replies.