"No Updates" When I Know It Needs Updating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
So, when Whistler released the update the other day I decided to update my two Whistler scanners, one a WS1095 and the other a 1098. I have the 1095 in the house so naturally I did it first. No issues at all, I updated the PC App then the firmware and DSP in the proper order.

Later that day I decided to update the one in my mobile, the 1098. As always, I connected the USB cable (with the scanner powered off) then opened the EZ Scan software. It prompted me to check for updates, which I thought was odd since it usually doesn't after checking on any given day but I told it to. It checked quickly and said there were no updates; that I was all up to date. Um, no I'm not...I know this scanner hasn't been updated in several weeks so it should be asking for every update except the PC Application (same laptop). I told it to check again. Same result. Disconnected and reconnected. Still says it's good. Close and reopen EZScan. Same. Continued trying various combinations of those with no success.

So, I manually checked the box by CPU Firmware and clicked OK and it did update it. Then DSP. That worked, too. Then the database. Worked good, too. Each time that I manually checked the box and clicked update it did see it needed an update and proceeded to complete each update.

The issue is, obviously, that it wasn't seeing that the scanner needed an update. I've done this a couple dozen times before and it has always worked fine but this time, for some reason, the PC Application was thinking that the scanner was up to date when it really wasn't.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? It was like EZScan wasn't actually checking the scanner to see if it needed updating (beyond the first scanner), it was just saying it was up to date.

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Whatever the latest is; that's the first thing it did was update the PC Application (EZ Scan).

TAbirdman

Take a peak and see what it is so its posted in case WW is watching so she'll know.

Status
Not open for further replies.