no voice on p25 phase2 whistler 1088

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell623

I got my 1088 back from whistler. new rf board. . I had to manually enter my system. While scanning it stops on a talk group while there is activity on that talk group but no voice.(can her the voice on my issused radio) what am i doing wrong

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is the volume turned up? You have to use the up arrow on the front of the scanner. The knob on top is squelch. I suggest trying an earpiece in case the jack is muting the internal speaker. Are the talkgroups encrypted?

Russell623

Yes volume is up. Jack is working as suppose to. I can hear weather when its turned on. Just nothing on my p25 channels

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is system Type set to Project25? Please let me know which system that you are trying to monitor (State, County, City, Agency, Etc.). Are you using the Whistler programming software for the WS1080/WS1088? The latest version is 2.36.

Russell623

It's a p25 phase2 it for York county pa. It picked up fine till the rd board went out. Had it replaced by whislter. I can hear weather just fine. It stops when a talk group is talking but I hear nothing

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What system type did you choose? And did you choose "Autofil" for the trunking tables?

tvengr

Well Known Member
How long ago did it fail? York Co used to be UHF T-Band. They are now using 700 MHz frequencies. I use system type Project25 and Auto Fill on my scanner and the York Co system works just fine. Make sure that you enter all of the frequencies on each site. Harris systems can use any frequency as the control channel.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
I got my 1088 back from whistler. new rf board. . I had to manually enter my system. While scanning it stops on a talk group while there is activity on that talk group but no voice.(can her the voice on my issused radio) what am i doing wrong
Could it be that Whistler fixed one thing, only to break another? :unsure:

Russell623

I am just above Shrewsbury. Not far from one of the towers. I will try the auto fill when I get home see if that helps

u2brent

OAMPT
Welp, Sorry about that, It's sounds like your radio needs to go back to repair (again), Or time for a newer, more better scanner.. :cry:
Assuming it was working properly on this system prior to the first failure and ensuing repair incident?! :unsure:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Russell623: I am just down the road from you. I would be happy to meet you somewhere and program your scanner with the same programming that I have on mine that I know works. That would tell you if you have a scanner problem before you send it in for repair. I would send you a private message, but I can't do that until you become a member.

u2brent

OAMPT
Russell623: I am just down the road from you. I would be happy to meet you somewhere and program your scanner with the same programming that I have on mine that I know works. That would tell you if you have a scanner problem before you send it in for repair. I would send you a private message, but I can't do that until you become a member.
It would appear that he is already a member... But good idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.