no volume on 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
ok another bug in my life
programming a 396t ( i have done quite a few with no problems ) same set up as before with conv and 800, same computer softwware as before, but this little guy only want to give me sound on conv and keeps quite on 800 ( its stopping on active tigs and shows good signal but no sound )

does it just not like me

jim

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you are not using the latest firmware, it is possible that your software has set the P25 Threshold to a whacky number (like 0) that would have this effect (it would make everything "look" digital but not be able to actually discriminate any valid packets, thus the silence).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Before sending it back, why don't you do a couple of things:

1) Post which system you are trying to program. Perhaps someone else with a 996 has a system file for that same system and you can use it to double-check.

2) Post the file you created for the system you are having problems with. Perhaps someone else can review your work and verify that all settings are OK.

Be sure to advise which software you are using (I know it is the "same computer softwware as before" but I don't know what you are referring to by this).

Status
Not open for further replies.