No0b here

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflmaxxx

Hello , new to the scanner world. Ive been using radioshack pro 97 to listen to local public safety but it seems like they went digital and now my scanner does not pick up their frequency's. Ive been doing some research and it seems like a apco 25 digital scanner would be the best scanner for my needs. If anyone can guide me to the right direction it would be highly appreciated. Thanks

captclint

Mentor
Hello , new to the scanner world. Ive been using radioshack pro 97 to listen to local public safety but it seems like they went digital and now my scanner does not pick up their frequency's. Ive been doing some research and it seems like a apco 25 digital scanner would be the best scanner for my needs. If anyone can guide me to the right direction it would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Welcome to RR. It would be helpful if you tell us your state, county, and the agency that went digital so we can be sure you will be able to receive. Some newer systems can not be received by any scanner. For future post,s It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods

sflmaxxx

Welcome to RR. It would be helpful if you tell us your state, county, and the agency that went digital so we can be sure you will be able to receive. Some newer systems can not be received by any scanner. For future post,s It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods

Thank you. I am located in Miami FL. Miami -dade county. Ps that I listen to is metro

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Get a BCD396XT if you really need a digital scanner.

Otherwise I recommend you start off with a Uniden BC125AT. Welcome to the hobby!

35837d1328836081-bc125at-post-release-thread-bc125at-unboxed.jpg

wtp

check the system

looks like a lot of the police are encrypted (E under mode on the list) and that means no radio will get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.