NOAA Gore Mt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack weather radio that is tuned to NOAA Gore Mt (162.450 MHz). I can pick up the transmitter fine. My problem is the radio constantly says "check op" because it has not received any alerts or tests. Does anyone know if NOAA is actually sending out tests from the Gore Mt site? I know the last round of snowstorms we were under winter storm warnings, and the radio never went off for any warnings. Just kinda curious...

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Alerts are not sent for a WSW. They are sent every Wednesday morning as a test.

MB

Feed Provider
Same thing with the NWS in Burlington VT, KIG-60 on 162.400 Mhz, MOUNT MANSFIELD, VT.... Tests every Wednesday around 11AM and just thunderstorm alerts.

gralston73

Premium Subscriber
I'm not getting any Wednesday tests from Gore, KSL-43 on 162.450 MHz. That's why I asked if anyone knew if NWS was actually doing tests from Gore...

D

DaveNF2G

NWS Albany might not be aware that tests are not going out over Gore. It might be useful to report this to them.

MB

Feed Provider
I am not sure about the tests but I recently heard high wind warnings from the amateur repeater on Gore 147.135 Mhz which is somehow tied into the NOAA radio and I also hear thunderstorm warnings from Gore. Are you sure your radio is programmed right and set to receive all alerts?

Status
Not open for further replies.