NOAA out of KCMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
The Weather Alerts system out of KCMO 154.1300, which system setting is best for receiving them ?
search, none, ctcss, dcs, p25 ? which is best ?

talkpair

CTCSS 151.4 Hz is the correct tone for that frequency.

MARRS talk group 33017 more reliable if you able to receive it there.

The analog patch on 154.13 isn't always up. There also seems to be a 1 minute timeout, and if the MARRS user keys up before the analog repeater drops, the whole transmission is lost on the analog side.

SCPD

QRT
On MARRS talk group 33017 is there a correct tone for that frequency like the 154.13 CTCSS ?

talkpair

MARRS is P25.

I would suggest trying the Platte County, MO simulcast portion of MARRS. One of the towers is in Leavenworth according to the license.

Right now, the control channel is running on 858.43750. The database does not currently show it as a control channel, so if you are using the site to load up you scanner, you will probably need to add this frequency to your list of system control channels.

My decode of the Platte county is poor, so I can't guarantee that the MERS talk group 33017 is carried on this system, but it most likely is.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
MARRS is P25.

I would suggest trying the Platte County, MO simulcast portion of MARRS. One of the towers is in Leavenworth according to the license.

Right now, the control channel is running on 858.43750. The database does not currently show it as a control channel, so if you are using the site to load up you scanner, you will probably need to add this frequency to your list of system control channels.

My decode of the Platte county is poor, so I can't guarantee that the MERS talk group 33017 is carried on this system, but it most likely is.

Unfortunately, they aren't carried on Platte or the Independence site. I've only heard MERS traffic on the KCMO site.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the reply's, I am having a hard time figuring out what frequency to use for ( noaa kcmo ).
Some are bad & some not so good. I'll try what you said, Thanks

SCPD

QRT
On NOAA p25 type settings which is used ( Private or group ) in the 851.xxx frequency's ?

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the reply on the frequency # 162.550,BUT how ever that wont work because that # is a COTINUALLY talking weather #.

Status
Not open for further replies.