NOAA Warnings and Statements via Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of an online site I could subscribe to that would deliver NWS watches, warnings, advisories and statements to me in real time, or with only a marginal delay. I already have an NOAA weather radio for life-threatening products. I am also familiar with two online sites that deliver NWS info via email-- iAlert
Severe weather and emergency alerts by text message, by email, and on iAlert.com website dashboard
and Weather USA
weatherUSA | Free Weather Alerts by Text Message and E-mail
--however neither of these deliver less-threating products such as advisories or special weather statements, which I find I often need quickly as well. I am a skywarn net control, and it is much easier to get my statements via email than constantly refreshing the NWS page.

If no email delivery site of this nature exists, is there some online source or program that might work? This is iffy though as I am blind and my screen reader may not be compatible with some applications or programs.

Free is ideal but not a necessity.

Does anyone know of something such as I have described, or am I asking too much of what is available out there?

Thanks in advance.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I think The Weather Channel offers alerts via email/text message.

I use this app called Pro Weather Alert on my phone, it works great. It has lots of options for monitoring specific areas, or alerts based on your current location. You can also choose what type of alerts you get for different events. It also allows you to share alerts via Email, text, Facebook, or Twitter. There's a free version, but I dropped the $2 for the "Pro" version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...alert&pcampaignid=APPU_oj-kU_CjOcLA8AG6hIC4Dw

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
I get mine through emergency email
Emergency Email . . . . The Emergency Email Network ®. . . . . . . Emergency Notification, weather alerts and more. NOW INCLUDED WITH the business continuity and disaster recovery resource on the web.
Since they send all warnings, the winter storm and flood warnings can be a pain as they are sent every 4 hours but otherwise it is decent. They are also countywide only and do not use the SAME technology to narrow the areas down.
I use a weather radio with SAME as my primary alert.

chris

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Thank you folks. I signed up for Emergency Email and I'll see if that does what I am after next time we get incoming weather, I greatly appreciate the recommendations.

If anyone else is aware of another tool that also performs the tasks I need, please let me know.

Thanks!

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
I would rather get a text alert than an email.

There are a lot more options for text alerts as well. However being blind I currently do not have access to text messages in a format that is usable to me. Many of the sites I have encountered (including many on the site Christ suggested in the previous post) are mainly for text messages. I think that is why I have been having some difficulty locating just what I'm after.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would rather get a text alert than an email.

Most cellphone companies allow emails to go to text messaging by putting the subscribers phone number in a specific email address

Verizon is:
10 digit phone number @vtext.com
A Google search will find most any cellular provider's address.

chris

SCPD

QRT
If you are interested in Weather Alerts, I use this App on my cell phone called ( Weather Radio Alert )
& it's free. It has all the Weather Alerts Notifications in the settings. It will alert you for ALL Weather Issues that you set it for. I have it on my cell phone & it works GREAT. You can set it for up to 5 locations. Try it & see if it's what your looking for. To get this App on your phone, go to your App's ''SEARCH'' & type in
'' weather radio app'' then look for ( iMap Weather Radio - NWS ) tap open, let it download, open it & follow directions. Good luck !

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
AccuWeather is great and free and does send special weather statements, advisories and bulletins. The e-mails use to arrive from AccuWeather before the weather alerts would go off on the weather radios.

AccuWeather.com Alerts™ Email

Shawn

Thank you sir, this looks perfect. I subscribed for the forecasts as well as the alerts (give me a different perspective from the NWS, I suppose.) Now I'll see how the alerts work next time we get some rough weather!

Thank you all for the helpful responses!

SCPD

QRT
eriepascannist : F Y I , the current location on the setting is for " where ever you are at ", if you live in NY & you are in Kansas & you get an alert for Ks that is because your in Ks ( current location ) you will also get alerts for what ever locations you have NO mater where you are.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The weatherbug app for phones does that as well. You will see weather alerts for your area, and you can also see real-time radar maps and other useful stuff. There is a free version with ads and a paid version without ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.