NOAA Weather in Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasStar15

Somehow NOAA Weather got stored in one of my favorite lists, when it's scanning the Favorite it stops on it everytime. I have no idea how it got there and when I go into Sentinel it doesn't show up as a frequency in that favorite. Anybody have any idea what's going on, how do I delete it to get it to quit doing that. It's about to drive me crazy. Thanks

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
If it's not showing up in Sentinel, you probably don't have it programmed in like you think it might be. You probably have something turned on with the weather alert feature. Take a look at the manual and search for weather notifications, weather alerts, or just the word weather and I'm sure you will probably see the option for turning it off and stopping the tuning of the radio to frequency. I would tell you how to do it but I've never had to do that myself. I've only looked at it and saw how it could be turned on and off before but that was long ago. It will be in the manual though under how you can set your radio up with the weather features and functions. It sounds like something's been turned on to me if it's not actually programmed in the favorites list.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

TexTAC

One of my Texas Railroad frequencies picks up a NOAA weather channel instead. I turned the IFX setting on for that channel and it cleared it up.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
One of my Texas Railroad frequencies picks up a NOAA weather channel instead. I turned the IFX setting on for that channel and it cleared it up.
On one of my occasional trips out to the Abilene area, I've noticed that at times they are streaming the NOAA Weather Radio transmissions on one of the Texas Forest Service frequencies. I keep those frequencies programmed because of the frequency of wildfires.

I've also run across the occasional "simulcast" of weather radio on one of the ham radio repeaters.
Somehow NOAA Weather got stored in one of my favorite lists, when it's scanning the Favorite it stops on it everytime. I have no idea how it got there and when I go into Sentinel it doesn't show up as a frequency in that favorite. Anybody have any idea what's going on, how do I delete it to get it to quit doing that. It's about to drive me crazy. Thanks
When you are hearing NOAA, can you see which frequency it is on (in case it is being streamed on purpose)?

Also, can you tell whether it is from one of your Favorites lists, or possibly in a Quick Save list created via Search or Close Call?

If it is apparently from a Favorites list, then maybe it, somehow, was loaded in a list, written to the scanner. It's also possible that the "list" it is on does not exist in Sentinel. If that's the case, try writing your Favorites lists to the scanner again, but also use the option to "erase all Favorites lists on the scanner". If the Wx transmissions are in a 'phantom' or 'quick save' list, erasing all lists then writing whichever ones you have tagged to be downloaded should clear the problem. The 're-write' would flush out a phantom or quick-save list.

While the scanner is actually receiving the weather transmissions, hold on that channel & press the E/enter key. That will get you to a screen where you can edit the source of the transmissions (shown as "Edit Current Channel"). If you select that option, then "Edit Frequency" from the menu (after pressing E), youcan then see what the frequency shows. That will let you see if a weather frequency has actually been programmed at some point, or if it is being heard from a different programmed frequency, such as what TexTAC has noted, where it is bleeding over into a different channel. If that's the case, then try the IFX as TexTAC suggested and see if that solves the problem. Note that one of the options, if you go into the Edit Current Channel menu, is to set the frequency as Avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.