NOAA Weather Radio Outage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneg

Alright so here in Lancaster County, NOAA Weather Radio would be 162.550....Today its static, I get no other channels either. (I never got them before except on some days.) Does anyone else have this problem with 162.550?

Last edited:

Steveradio

Station WXL40 from Harrisburg coming in pretty good in the Lehigh Valley. I normally can p/up Philadelphia KIH28 on 162.475 good too depending on where in the house the scanner is anyway.

Steve

RoyNolt

I had sent them an email about it and they sent one back to me and said that ia was the phone company's problem. they were down for more than 24 hrs. I can easly get 162.425 in Chester County, some what covers Lancaster county

Twister_2

Feed Provider
OHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!!!! Back in February, one weekend it became increasingly staticly. I could see the tower through the trees on blue mountain, but I am 5 miles away. 2 weeks ago, I heard that when there are pauses in his speach, I will hear some clicks. It was very minute, but I knew this might happen. I called the nwr outage line on thursday, but now I am out of town in Dubois, so I can't get it any more. I CALLED THEM, BUT SHOULD HAVE EMAILED THEM BECAUSE I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I AM SO AGGRIVATED!!!!!! I may be repeating myself, but I am trying to get a point across. Is there anybody in Dauphin County that always gets perfect reception getting ANYTHING at all? There is a moderate risk for severe weather tomorrow, so what will the people do...not like it is the midwest and every house has a weather radio. ?? When I called, I spelled my email adress out 2 or 3 times...but still no email. I AM SO MAD!!!! I predicted this.

Anyway...have a good day and I will try to enjoy the rest of my vacation. :(

daneg

I had sent them an email about it and they sent one back to me and said that ia was the phone company's problem. they were down for more than 24 hrs. I can easly get 162.425 in Chester County, some what covers Lancaster county

Oh that sucks. yeah around noon or so it came back clear. I also got a few other weather radio channels again.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
AT&T had a fiber cut in Wilkes Barre PA causing ALOT of stuff to go down... AT&T Cellphones, NOAA, Some Fed stuff..

If only people would wait for the ONE CALL folks to mark their utilities BEFORE they penetrate the earth with ANYTHING...

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I don't understand how tat happened because I was noticing it about 2 weeks ago. Was it cut like a day or two ago or 15 days ago?

There is a number that you could call before you dig.

1800-pa-1call something like that...Call before you dig!!!! ;) :)

Last edited:

Steveradio

Central Lehigh County we got hit pretty hard, followed South of the I78 corridor from Berks into Lehigh AGAIN. Happened to be at a scout function and we and to move inside but the power was out around 1830hrs last night. hail , heavy winds, rain, amazing lighting strikes. When leaving trees were down and wires along Old 22

Living 2 1/2 miles North it was just raining and windy ??

Anyway I was picking up 162.500 station WXK97 from Northwestern Maryland I believe.

Steve

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Yep...I saw that on Accuweather's radar. I never saw something that bad in Pa EVER before. I wonder if Lower Paxton Township...Dauphin County got hit pretty hard...I am still on vacation. Up here in DuBois, Pa, there wasn't anything as big as down there, but when that front came through up here like at 6 pm, the winds were crazy, but not a drop when the front came through.

ctrabs74

We didn't have anything overly dramatic in Chester County that I noticed; just a lot of trees and wires calls across the county along with a report of a tree falling on an occupied vehicle in Charlestown. Not to mention a lot of power failures (though, it sucked not being able to monitor PECO since they went ENC).

Status
Not open for further replies.