NOAA weather radio sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublescan

I have missed it somehow, after searching for it, but is there a way to find the transmitter locations for the weather radio sites? Tried searching by FCC entity, and location for major cities but all I get is No Records Found.
Curious about where the Birmingham transmitter is located, can barely hear it any more. There is a close by transmitter for my county, so I'm not missing the weather, just wondering if they moved the Bham radio site. Thanks

doublescan

thanks for the info. Good site, but it still doesn't give the transmitter location. Gives a city/town name, under something called "WFO" so I assume thats as close as I need to know lol.

WA1ATA

Use the link that bezking supplied. Select the state to get a list.

The click on the callsign of the station of interest.

That will open up a page with a map of the coveage area of that tranmitter. Although the latitude and longitude are not specified, you can estimate the location within a couple of miles as the map is centered on the transmitter location.

doublescan

Solved!

Thanks to both replies>I didn't understand the map at first. That helps, now makes me wonder why they put the transmitter for the largest city in the state about 30miles south of it. Maybe I can ask that one in the Alabama forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.