Noble EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

Does any know how Noble Fire/EMS gives patient reports to Norman ER. Cell phone?? I have never heard any radio traffic from them on this.

Medic32

According to the database Noble Fire and EMS are on the 800 system and are analog so you should hear all of their traffic. But Norman Hospital, ID#13744, the channel used for patient reports is encrypted so you'll never be able to hear the patient reports. Almost every channel for patient reports on the State 800 system is encrypted. I hope that answered your question

n5bew1

According to the database Noble Fire and EMS are on the 800 system and are analog so you should hear all of their traffic. But Norman Hospital, ID#13744, the channel used for patient reports is encrypted so you'll never be able to hear the patient reports. Almost every channel for patient reports on the State 800 system is encrypted. I hope that answered your question

Norman's EMS to hospital is analog and in the clear. Perhaps Noble is encrypted though as broke as Noble is maybe they got a grant to buy a radio capable of encryption.
Thanks

fast2okc

Database Admin
Norman Hospital

Actually you are both correct. There are two talkgroups for Norman hospital for patient reports. EMSSTAT uses talkgroup 55120, which is analog and in the clear. EMSA uses talkgroup 13744, which is digital and encrypted. I have seen Noble EMS (on UniTrunker, since I can't hear them) on 13744. I believe all Noble radios are capable of digital, whereas not all of Norman's radios are... yet.

--fast2okc

BTW, The Norman HealthPlex uses talkgroup 53522 (analog )for patient reports. There is probably a digital talkgroup for the HealthPlex also, but I haven't found it yet.

n5bew1

Actually you are both correct. There are two talkgroups for Norman hospital for patient reports. EMSSTAT uses talkgroup 55120, which is analog and in the clear. EMSA uses talkgroup 13744, which is digital and encrypted. I have seen Noble EMS (on UniTrunker, since I can't hear them) on 13744. I believe all Noble radios are capable of digital, whereas not all of Norman's radios are... yet.

--fast2okc

BTW, The Norman HealthPlex uses talkgroup 53522 (analog )for patient reports. There is probably a digital talkgroup for the HealthPlex also, but I haven't found it yet.
Well that certainly explains what I am hearing and not hearing. I have suspected Norman's police, fire and EMS will be going digital someday soon from the conversations the radio techs have been making of late.
Thanks all.

KX5MOT

I was told a while back we(CCSO) would be digital by 2012, i am assuming they replaced the repeaters at the Lex site as we haven't been having any more problems. There are also a lot of new radios, several of the users of the state system around here have purchase EF Johnson portables.

n5bew1

I was told a while back we(CCSO) would be digital by 2012, i am assuming they replaced the repeaters at the Lex site as we haven't been having any more problems. There are also a lot of new radios, several of the users of the state system around here have purchase EF Johnson portables.
Yes I do believe Lexington, Pink and maybe other sites have had upgrades. Lexington's audio was really hot for a while until they leveled everything out.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
There are also a lot of new radios, several of the users of the state system around here have purchase EF Johnson portables.

Hmm. Didn't know that EFJ sold anything other than P25 radios (and by P25, I mean the whole deal, 9600 baud control channel and all). Glad to see there is an alternative to Mother M.

Or is this just a way to get everyone on board for ... LTR Passport?!?

KX5MOT

Hmm. Didn't know that EFJ sold anything other than P25 radios (and by P25, I mean the whole deal, 9600 baud control channel and all). Glad to see there is an alternative to Mother M.

Or is this just a way to get everyone on board for ... LTR Passport?!?

Yeah i believe EFJ is the only other manufacturer that can produce Motorola Type II capable radios, they are significantly cheaper but also can share the same batteries and audio accessories as the Moto XTS line.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Yeah i believe EFJ is the only other manufacturer that can produce Motorola Type II capable radios, they are significantly cheaper but also can share the same batteries and audio accessories as the Moto XTS line.

Didn't know that. Well, good. Glad to see some competition, as I said. They've certainly got the experience - I first used an EFJ LTR system in 1984. :D

This may seem odd to some, BUT has anyone tried listening to the VHF H.E.A.R. frequency on 155.3850? That is still used statewide by ALL Emergency Departments for getting patient information, UNLESS there is another reason.....such as a Hospital Based Service.

n5bew1

This may seem odd to some, BUT has anyone tried listening to the VHF H.E.A.R. frequency on 155.3850? That is still used statewide by ALL Emergency Departments for getting patient information, UNLESS there is another reason.....such as a Hospital Based Service.

Well worth a listen I don't remember Noble using the 155.385 freq back in the day when Norman's EMS did but worth checking it out.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Well worth a listen I don't remember Noble using the 155.385 freq back in the day when Norman's EMS did but worth checking it out.

My guess is cell. Don't ever recall them on the analog talkgroups for the two Norman Hospitals.

Of course, they may use the encrypted P25 groups for those locations, though, and the only way to verify that would be to monitor Unitrunker very carefully for known unit IDs.

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
Noble does most things differently from the rest of the world. Good for them.

BOOMER!

Yeah dude, I see where you're headed in some other threads besides this one and I'll remind you now, the way Norman conducts business is not the way it's conducted in other parts of the state. For example, there's only a handful of places that use the HEAR freq.....and the list goes on. Just saying.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Yeah dude, I see where you're headed in some other threads besides this one and I'll remind you now, the way Norman conducts business is not the way it's conducted in other parts of the state. For example, there's only a handful of places that use the HEAR freq.....and the list goes on. Just saying.

As a many-year listener to Norman, not to mention a tax-payer therein, I'd have to say that that's a very accurate statement.

It's confirmed, both Noble and EMSA encode their patient information via cell phone to Norman's facilities.

BOOMER!

Status
Not open for further replies.