Noise Around 2.9 to 3 MHz am ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

I wanted to attach a screenshot of the spectrum I have from SDRConsole, but it says the screenshot is too big for the Server to process.

It shows "periodic" noise around 2.8 to 3.0 MHz am (noon, Boston time) that I was hoping to get an opinion from
you experts as to what it might be from.

Anyone interested in taking a stab at it, I could (probably) just send you an eMail with it.
If you think you might have an opinion, please send me an eMail address where I can send the pix.

Would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Bob

n5sjs

Premium Subscriber
Just a guess,but that is part of the Tropical Band region. Could be some broadcasts from Central America.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not during local noontime in Boston. No real meaningful DX with so much sun. If it goes away at night, that is a clue.

HF is a finicky animal when it comes to noise - it's the bane of DXers everywhere. This is more likely to be something local to you. You can speculate all day about the possible sources and probably not hit them all.

Time to do a little portable DFing and see if you can narrow it down. Or shut everything off in your home and turn on one room at a time....

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.