Noise on 8992

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesWest

a long EAM on 15016 and 11175 monitored just now in SEA on a SDRDuo and 45' long wire and at http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl.

Female voice and another message with a male voice. signed with "This is Quantity, out."

on the web based SDR 8992 was being interfered with the motor sound and data, 11175 was mixed with what sounded like old style military 75 baud RTTY signal. 15016 had the low siren sound but very clear.

in SEA only 15016 was copyable. other HF-GCS on other bands no copy and as you would expect very noisy some bands. i cant hear the motor sound in SEA.

Last edited:

JamesWest

i am thinking now that the constant "siren" sound or tone is in the background of the room the person reading the message is in. The tone comes and goes with the transmission and is on all HF-GCS frequencies.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
i am thinking now that the constant "siren" sound or tone is in the background of the room the person reading the message is in. The tone comes and goes with the transmission and is on all HF-GCS frequencies.

I agree with you on that

jasday

Was listening the other night on 11175 and heard the same. It was on 8992 and others during a long message broadcast.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
But the question remains...what is the noise?

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
HF broadcasts can be sent from the air? I thought they were 100% ground based with the exception of UHF on 311.000.

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
Sure can. Listen to oceanic HF A/G frequencies. From your location, perhaps the North Atlantic channels would work best.

JamesWest

HF broadcasts can be sent from the air? I thought they were 100% ground based with the exception of UHF on 311.000.
the doomsday plane uplinks to satellite and then the EAS is downlinked to HF-GCS transmitters all over the world simultaneously. that is how the transmissions are distributed to remote HF transmitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.