Noise problem w/ BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrboys

Brand new problem, was working perfectly. Carrier type noise ONLY in-between calls. Calls are heard perfectly as before problem but noise makes scanner irritating to listen to. Squelch has no effect. Went to 'new ham' info night to see if those guys could help and one said that maybe public service changed carriers. I really don't know what that means. I do hear the same type of noise when scanning on my 2 meter/70cm ham radio. I got some replies on the 246T Yahoo group but no answers yet. Thanks for any help you can offer.

slicerwizard

Brand new problem, was working perfectly. Carrier type noise ONLY in-between calls. Calls are heard perfectly as before problem but noise makes scanner irritating to listen to. Squelch has no effect.
So what are you saying? That when the users stop talking, the repeater stays keyed up? If so, and it's not bothering the users, they're using tone or coded squelch, so you should too.

Why don't you help yourself in getting useful answers by telling us what system/agency this is? Most RR members are not mind readers.

Went to 'new ham' info night to see if those guys could help and one said that maybe public service changed carriers. I really don't know what that means.
So they're on the same frequency(s) they've always been on, but they may have "changed carriers"? I'd say you were fed meaningless jibber jabber.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Answer quality correlates with question quality.

xrboys

It sounds like my question made you angry and I certainly didn't mean to do that.
I'm sorry for the low quality question.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Why don't you help yourself in getting useful answers by telling us what system/agency this is? Most RR members are not mind readers.

<snip>

Answer quality correlates with question quality.
There's no reason for you to be a dick to new members. Everyone starts somewhere. Either chill out or find another forum to throw your arrogance around.

xrboys

Thanks Wayne, I was worried that the reply I got was what I should expect from the RR forum but it sounds like a guy that wanted to help but was frustrated with me for not supplying the correct info. I really did deliberate on how much and what kind of info to include in the question. It's true (and obvious) that I am a novice user and don't even know enough to ask a knowledgeable question. I found out on the 246T Yahoo group not to say too much because I was getting replies and questions that made it obvious that they had not read my entire post or the thread. I tried to keep it short and start the dialog but that guy sort of ended the dialog.

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

Ito's a defect with the 246T I had the same problem. The squelch was set all the way up b ut when it scanner I got a squelch noise WHILE I T WAS STILL SCANNING. A short while after that the scanner stopped working all together. I never figure out the problem an d decided to upgrade to a 396T. Still bothered by the fact it bstopped working out of the blue

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.