Nolensville, TN Fire and Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

gruve5

I am currently broadcasting Metro Nashville Fire on Broadcastify, but it appears the fire frequencies will be going encrypted very soon.
I am looking for some other local fire department areas that I could broadcast that isn't encrypted. I'm confused on whether or not Nolensville Fire is encrypted. I have read conflicting stories. I know Brentwood Fire is encrypted, however, Franklin Fire is not, but wasn't sure about Nolensville since it is in Williamson County.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as being a scanner buff, I hate seeing the things I enjoy listening to become encrypted, but I understand that safety and security of the fire units is extremely important.

jpryor

From a radio perspective, Nolensville Fire appears to have been absorbed in to the Williamson County Fire Dispatch and Operations which are all encrypted. That department was not issued it's own radio identifiers, alerting or dispatching talk group from what could be determined. Unlike Nolensville Police which did get it's own radio identifiers (250xxx) and dispatch talk group (20409). I suspect Nolensville Fire is getting alerted on the county fire and responding on the county fire tac related talk groups. When they were on UHF, they had their own repeater, and were not all that active.

Franklin Fire and Service Dept are the only non encrypted activity in Williamson County. That level of openness and transparency at least is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.