• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng Non-Chirp Baofeng software

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

My old computer had the original software. I tried Chirp but it is horrible. There is no grid, I can't add rows, I can't change the Loc number. I am having difficulty finding the factory program.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I believe there are different software packages for different model Baofeng radios and possibly for different firmware versions within a model.
Go to the following site, scroll down, click on your radio model and see what software they have available.

nd5y

What kind of grid?
You can easily add rows, delete rows, move them up and down, and cut & paste them. You can do that with a single row or group select them.
You can't change the Loc column because those are the memory channel numbers. They aren't changeable.
You can move the rows around to put them on whatever Loc/channel number you want. You can rearrange the columns in whatever order you want.

scanmanmi

We're both right. You cannot add or delete any rows. Not until you click the Show Empty button. I don't see how to move rows. I imported data so my channel numbers are like 8,9,22,45, 59,76 ,etc.

nd5y

I don't see how to move rows.
Chirp has the same keyboard/mouse functions as a lot of other software that allows text editing.
Left click on a row to select it.
Shift+left click or Ctrl+left click to select more than one row.
Right click a single row or selected rows for a function menu.
Ctrl+Up/Down Arrows to move it up or down.
Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V on selected rows to cut/copy/paste.

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
We're both right. You cannot add or delete any rows. Not until you click the Show Empty button. I don't see how to move rows. I imported data so my channel numbers are like 8,9,22,45, 59,76 ,etc.

Yes, you have to be familiar with the software. I do that all the time...even with imported data.

Here's what I do to move things around:

Chirp has the same keyboard/mouse functions as a lot of other software that allows text editing.
Left click on a row to select it.
Shift+left click or Ctrl+left click to select more than one row.
Right click a single row or selected rows for a function menu.
Ctrl+Up/Down Arrows to move it up or down.
Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V on selected rows to cut/copy/paste.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have software for over ten different models and types of radio, including digital, analog, and scanners. Every one has differences, and Chirp is not the worst by far. The DMR and professional radio software are far more complex. Back up your important files and you won't have this problem in the future. An USB drive costs $10 or less and can save hours of frustration.

cmdrwill

Back up your important files and you won't have this problem in the future

First Rule for 'programming' a radio.
FIRST READ the radio and save that file in a safe archive. That way you have something to go back to.
Even when making changes, updates, SAVE what is in the radio FIRST to a safe place before making any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.