non-digital scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8iqz

I recently obtained a Pro-97 trunked, analog scanner. With many public safety orgs going digital, are there many things to listen to that are trunked? I live in Berkeley County in the eastern panhandle.

Thanks.

kc8iqz

posted a bit too soon.

I saw the TRUNKED option in the WV RR guide. However, I am not sure what LTR refers to. Are these analog? Thanks.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
To hear most of what' sin Berkeley, you'll need to get a digital trunked scanner like a GRE PSR-800, Uniden x996T/XT, and other newer digital ones.

You can still use the scanner you have now to listen to some WV state police, WV DoH, Berkeley Fire/EMS dispatch (dispatch only; no TAC channels) and some schools. Also South Berkeley Fire uses analog sometimes for some traffic.

I saw the TRUNKED option in the WV RR guide. However, I am not sure what LTR refers to. Are these analog? Thanks.

What systems are you referring to? Valley 2-way and TWR Communications are LTR so you can listen to them with your PRO-97 (guessing, but didn't look at the specs for that model) which are analog. But, the majority of public safety is on the WVIRP (SIRN) system. If all you want to listen to business radio, then you're set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.