• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Non MDC Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am just wondering.....

i know some radios dont have MDC1200, i have an icom F4S, and if i wanted to use Some type of MDC for that what would i have to do?...

also, i know NYPD Staten Island where i live uses those Vertex radios and not the sabers, and they have a short MDC tone on them what would that be called?

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
mdc1200

After market companies such as http://www.cimtechcorp.com/ make different ID modules for radios, however it is probably pricey. The new F33/F34 have MDC1200 built into the radio as a standard feature. For under $300 you can get a 250 channel radio with nice features. Kenwood uses fleetsync. Vertex is starting in make use of MDC1200 as probably all radio manufacturers will soon since Moto lost their grip.

I say it is a good excuse to buy a new toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.