NON-resonant feedline dipole (NRFD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanZor

Yeah - even though I'm not transmitting into it, the younger ones have a tendency to pound on things with whiffle bats, pull wires to see where the other end is .... that kind of thing.

The green ldg unun encased in tupperware is too tempting a target. The myantennas 9:1 unun in the grey box they might leave alone. And withstand the occasional "whiffle bat" test when I'm not around. :)

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
even though I'm not transmitting into it, the younger ones have a tendency to pound on things with whiffle bats, pull wires to see where the other end is .... that kind of thing.

Maybe this can be cured by transmitting into it

:)

nanZor

Heh, for sure this is total overkill using a 1.5kw unun for rx-only. Aside from kids curiosity, there is also the problem of pets and wild animals.

To an animal, if they detect a tupperware box on the ground, they make a beeline straight towards it looking for a snack. Dogs and racoons have already attempted to nose around and get inside to the LDG unun.

The gray utility box of the Myantenna 9:1, they ignore. Funny problems with this on ground antenna stuff .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.