Non-Windows - Mac OS/X and Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinager

By the way, maybe this is already well known, but I got MTRUNKER working under Linux using Wine.
Sometimes screen refreshing slows down a bit, but overall it works fine.

Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6
Wine 0.0.2005031
sound handled by Alsa
running on an old K6-II 350MHz, 512Mb ram

regards
Sinager

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Thread resurrection time!

Sinager said:
By the way, maybe this is already well known, but I got MTRUNKER working under Linux using Wine.
Sometimes screen refreshing slows down a bit, but overall it works fine.

Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6
Wine 0.0.2005031
sound handled by Alsa
running on an old K6-II 350MHz, 512Mb ram

regards
Sinager

Mtrunker is running on my Thinkpad.. er, I forget its exact model number now ... on Ubuntu, 512mb RAM, with a very very significant lag on the screen - the refresh rate is atrocious, though it seems to be picking up the signal well (even though the display often says low quality).

Tried starting Unitrunker's msi installer using msiexec under wine, but it had a conniption fit and eventually gave up.

I have a faster desktop machine also using Ubuntu that I may try to get going instead of the laptop. Maybe the screen will work better on that setup.

FlashSWT

Well since this thread got brought back to the top I'll post:

I wouldn't mind having the option to use OS X but it isn't crucial. (ie: don't take time away from making Unitrunker work even better just to port to OS X)

morfis

bezking said:
ReResurrection Time -
Has anybody run UniTrunker under WINE?

See post number 41 in this thread. Should be the first one on the page with your post

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I tried before, as mentioned, and had no luck with the MSI installer. It had all sorts of errors and (I think) missing dependencies and such.

pr57001

I am running Trunker on Mac Pro with external USB SoundBlaster under Windows XP running in VMWARE Fusion. Works perfectly!

MattSR

VMware Fusion for the win.

I run unitrunker inside a XP virtual as well and get 100% decode.

Haven't tried it with a USB soundcard but since the guest has exclusive access to the USB hardware I think it will work perfectly :)

W8EMX

Premium Subscriber
Parallels

Uitrunker Also works prefectly under Parallels and OSX 10.5.1

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Seems to me this app would be right at home on Linux. Of course, it oughta to be an ncurses package. Forget X.

You could have a LInux install on a flash drive that boots up lickety split and is dedicated to Unitrunker and could run on a pretty minimal machine with no other services running.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.