Non-Windows - Mac OS/X and Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
MAC sucks! Trust me, as a MAC user I know. I do not see how they are better. Mine is slow, the mouse is wierd and only a few printers from HP seem to work.

califzeph

I'm a Mac user who would love to see more radio apps for the Mac. Sorry, MMartinFan, for your bad luck. Do you have an old system? I have a one year old iBook running OSX Tiger, and everything hardware-wise seems to work great for me, with a minimum of setup. I recently bought a USB hub that came with a 20 page instruction book. The first 19 pages were all about how to set it up for Windows. The last page was the Mac instructions, which basically just said "Plug it in and use it".

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
califzeph said:
I'm a Mac user who would love to see more radio apps for the Mac. Sorry, MMartinFan, for your bad luck. Do you have an old system? I have a one year old iBook running OSX Tiger, and everything hardware-wise seems to work great for me, with a minimum of setup. I recently bought a USB hub that came with a 20 page instruction book. The first 19 pages were all about how to set it up for Windows. The last page was the Mac instructions, which basically just said "Plug it in and use it".

I have a G4 desktop a couple of years old, works like a charm, and I'm saving my pennies for a new MacBook. I've love to see more adio apps for Mac.

Tom

jellotor

I'll add my voice to the support for a Mac port of trunker or UniTrunker. Used to be a hard-core Mac guy and now I'm considering going back in for a newer Mac. Doesn't hurt that my Avid runs on an antiquated PowerMac 8100/100... Also wouldn't be adverse to a linux version either.

mrf1022

I created a Java port of the Motorola control channel decoder that rfmobile posted on the wiki. I have personally tested it on my Win XP Pro box and two Linux machines. It should work on Mac OS 10.4 with the latest Java runtime, but I don't have a Mac to test it. I am hopefully going to add EDACS decoding shortly, and I'm going to add a decent UI. My goal is to create something like T4Win that will run on any system that has Java 1.5 (5.0) or greater and a soundcard that is supported by JavaSound.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Yep, count me in for wanting a Mac OSX or Linux or both versions of a trunker-like application.

For those that don't like Macs/Linux or think is a "waste" to have, why do you guys even bother to post to this thread anyway if you don't care? :roll:

And by the way is spelled/typed Mac when referring to the computer, not MAC as in a NIC card address..... :roll:

mrf1022

Mike_Oxlong said:
So where can we go to download the Java version?
Nowhere yet. I have a bunch of changes I want to make before it'll get released. Right now it is just a console app. Before I release it I want to add a decent UI, and some more T4Win-like functionality.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
My primary computer is a Mac G5 - and I can, as a person who works in the computer profession, say that it is the best computer I've ever owned in my entire life.

So, yes, I would love to see these apps ported to BSD/OS X/Linux.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
blantonl said:
My primary computer is a Mac G5 - a

I'm sorry. :lol:

I just don't see the need for something already in development programed for a completely different platform when I know most don't use Linux or have a Mac. IMO.

Perhaps that Java port idea would work out. Hell, why not just code the whole app. into Java. :)

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Hmm, this seems interesting.

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Goooooooooooo Linux!!!!
gen013.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.