Noob clarification regarding City Fire Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedhead

Hey I am back into scanning after a 20 year break.

Does 20s, 30s, etc refer to talk groups? I am running into problems using Sentinel to get South Jordan Fire on my SDS100. Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.10.17 AM.png

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they are the beginning #'s of Talk Groups. Is South Jordan covered by the United Fire Authority or do they have their own FD? If they have their own FD, then perhaps they have not been found and recorded in the database yet. If part of UFA then they may just have a description like *VECC* or *UFA*

KD7DDC

No, it is not related to the talk groups. This is referring to the apparatus identification number. It basically means the first digit of the unit number. as an example 'Truck 42" is from South Salt Lake FD. In the diagram above you see "40s = South Salt Lake" so any unit starting with a 4 (or in the 40s) is an SSL Unit. Unified Fire is all 100 so will be three-digit. For a good list here is a database link:

Some units may not be currently up to date but will give an idea of how the identifier numbering works.

KD7DDC

Yes, they are the beginning #'s of Talk Groups. Is South Jordan covered by the United Fire Authority or do they have their own FD? If they have their own FD, then perhaps they have not been found and recorded in the database yet. If part of UFA then they may just have a description like *VECC* or *UFA*

We must have posted at the same time. This is inaccurate and the numbers have nothing to do with Talkgroups as indicated with my above post.

In regards to South Jordan, they are 80s series.

Most of the fire departments in the valley are dispatched by VECC. The exceptions being Salt Lake City, and Sandy which are dispatched by the Salt Lake City PSAP on the SLC System.

As to Tak Groups, the departments on VECC share several response channels. 1-4 are split between the agencies geographically and 5 is typically major incidents.

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
We must have posted at the same time. This is inaccurate and the numbers have nothing to do with Talkgroups as indicated with my above post.

In regards to South Jordan, they are 80s series.

Most of the fire departments in the valley are dispatched by VECC. The exceptions being Salt Lake City, and Sandy which are dispatched by the Salt Lake City PSAP on the SLC System.

As to Tak Groups, the departments on VECC share several response channels. 1-4 are split between the agencies geographically and 5 is typically major incidents.
Based on your chart, South Jordan is in the 60's (not 80's) then - if I read it correctly.

Thanks for the chart - never seen that before!

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Confusing but ultimately correct.
South Jordan has 4 stations:
64 (under construction)

The apparatus that lives at each station falls inline with those numbers.

Ladder 61
Heavy Rescue 62
Etc.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
For a good list here is a database link:
Some units may not be currently up to date but will give an idea of how the identifier numbering works.

A great link. Thank-you for sharing. I imaging it took some time and energy to put that together. If (and only if) I (or someone else) wanted to have data from Davis Co Fire Depts (or other areas) added, would there be a procedure for that?
Again, thank-you for sharing the link.

KD7DDC

A great link. Thank-you for sharing. I imaging it took some time and energy to put that together. If (and only if) I (or someone else) wanted to have data from Davis Co Fire Depts (or other areas) added, would there be a procedure for that?
Again, thank you for sharing the link.
Yes, I can set up a submission form and some instructions. Might take a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.