Noob EZ Scan Scanlist Alpha Tag Hassles --

Status
Not open for further replies.

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Im programming a TRX-2 via EZ Scan 3.37. Trying to figure out how to input Alpha Tags for my scanlists. So far, the only method I've found is to do it manually via the scanner keys - but every time I upload new objects to the scanner, it wipes out my scanlist tags and resets the scanlist names to "Scanlist ###". Is there an easier way? Is there a way to do it via EZ Scan so that I don't have to constantly reenter the data via the scanner keys?? Getting carpal tunnel from all of the key pressing. Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I already answered you last time you asked.

Swipesy

K6TTD are you talking about Scan List Alpha Tags on the EZScan General Settings Tab or are you talking about TalkGroup Alpha Tags on the Conventional/Trunked System Tab that are getting over written?

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I posted the original question on the wrong thread. Decided to start one of my own, so I didn't see your first reply. I am talking about the Scan List alpha tags, not the TalkGroup tags. The TG tags are coming through fine. I just can't seem to create or modify the ScanList tags via software.

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
For example, I want to set up separate police and fire scanlists for each county in my area & want to be able to easily select the ones I want to scan "on the fly" in my vehicle (without looking at a cheat sheet).

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
Herewith ... These Scanlist tags. I still haven't figured out how to input my desired tags / descriptions via software. Only via the scanner keyboard. And it's getting to be a pain. Especially since they seem to get over-written with the generic "Scanlist ####" every time I load new data. I know I'm missing something, but I haven't found the magic incantation to make this work yet.

Attachments

• Scanlist ....PNG
    Scanlist ....PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 21

pb_lonny

Could you read in the config once it is correct then make changes to this via the software?

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
Never mind. Got it figured out. Running EZ Scan on a mac via Parallels sometimes causes headaches. The software wasn't letting me enter text in the scanlist pane. Tried highlighting and entering about a dozen times to no avail. Rebooted, reloaded Windows 10, opened EZ Scan and all is well. Thanks for suffering my noobness.

Swipesy

Good that you figured it out. Not being able to import Scan List names in EzScan is a pain. I use 120 Scan Lists and what I do is create an Excel list of the Scan Lists. Then I open EzScan and Excel in side by side Windows and do a copy-paste from Excel to EzScan. Tedious but beats retyping plus I can first ensure the Alpha Tag is within the 16 character limit.

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
Here I am again ... though the problem's more specific.

The software and the rig came with a handful of pre-defined scanlist name alpha tags ("Law Dispatch," "Fire Dispatch," "Multi Dispatch," etc). The scanlist alpha tags I input load perfectly, 100% of the time. It is the default tags that came pre-loaded in the rig that are the problem.

First, EZ Scan won't allow me to edit these.

Second, the tags that are pre-entered in the EZ Scan software don't always show up in the scanner after an upload. In fact, 90% of the time they don't. It just defaults back to a generic "Scanlist ###".

It works just often enough to give me hope that I've solved the problem. Then it pees all over my celebration cake. While this is probably best for my weight loss goals, it is trashing my peace of mind.

As I mentioned, I've tried to highlight, edit and re-enter these default tags, but the software won't even let me highlight them. ARRGH. HELP!!

Swipesy

K6TTD, In EZScan go to the General Settings Tab. Then in the lower right hand corner set Set Location to OFF. You then will have access to all the Scan Lists to use as you wish.

Ed6698

Hello all,

Im programming a TRX-2 via EZ Scan 3.37. Trying to figure out how to input Alpha Tags for my scanlists. So far, the only method I've found is to do it manually via the scanner keys - but every time I upload new objects to the scanner, it wipes out my scanlist tags and resets the scanlist names to "Scanlist ###". Is there an easier way? Is there a way to do it via EZ Scan so that I don't have to constantly reenter the data via the scanner keys?? Getting carpal tunnel from all of the key pressing. Thanks
I am not sure if anyone has let you know about this before, but it has good information about the scanner, it pertains to the TRX2 also. Click the link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.