WS1065: noob here looking for help.

slimstyle05

I recently bought the whistler ws1065. I haven't paid for premium yet. looking to program this unit. What steps do i take?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought the whistler ws1065. I haven't paid for premium yet. looking to program this unit. What steps do i take?

Your BEST starting place is in the top right corner, in the search box type WS1065 Programming and it will return hundreds of questions just like yours with really good answers. If after that you have specific questions you will find many people here willing to help you.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Original poster, it looks like you are from Ossineke? That appears to be in Sanborn Township in Alpena County, Michigan.

Were you able to do any research on this radio to see if it would work in your area as it is an older radio originally made by another company?

It would appear that Alpena County uses MPSCS Phase ll TRS. I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods but just to let you know your radio is not capable of picking up phase ll transmissions.

If you bought the radio from a reputable vendor there should be a 30-day return period.

You will want to do research on buying a phase ll capable scanner that works well on phase ll.

Check out your state forum in Michigan and see what other users say about MPSCS and what works best for them, especially if there's any situation with simulcast distortion, you are limited then to just a few radios that will work properly.

There should be much information on this system in the state forum for you to read and do research. Good luck.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The MPSCS system is P25 Phase 2 capable. All of the talkgroups are currently P25 Phase 1 which the WS1065 can receive.
Yep sounds good, I just took a peek at the title of the system in the database and it said it WAS Phase ll so I didn't pursue it a second more.
PSX_20230224_150925.jpg
As I said, not my neck of the woods🙂.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge no one in the entire State of Michigan using MPSCS is currently implementing Phase 2. Oakland County might be the first to do so but at this stage I think they're still in configuration/testing mode.