Noob looking for Metro ATL expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabaum

Hi, I am testing at the end of this month.

Meanwhile, I picked up a Yaesu vx-7r at a garage sale and I am eager to learn the tool .

I learn better at being shown hands on vs. out of a manual...especially the Yaesu Manual.

Any vx-7r Tutors out there interested in making a few bucks?

Please contact me.

Thanks,

David

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
David,

Best bet is going to Ham Radio Outlet in Atlanta nice group of guys that work there especially Mark & Josh. They have a big selection of radios, antennas and etc.

dabaum

Hi N4cya,

HRO are great folks...agreed.

None new the Yaesu vx-7r as a user the day I was there.

I'd like to have someone demonstrate the radio who knows it well and to tutor me before license testing.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I'll ask for those two people specifically and see what they say.

N8IAA

Hi N4cya,

HRO are great folks...agreed.

None new the Yaesu vx-7r as a user the day I was there.

I'd like to have someone demonstrate the radio who knows it well and to tutor me before license testing.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I'll ask for those two people specifically and see what they say.

Unfortunately, some of the new guys working there only know the newer D-Star radios. Or, only HF.
If you go back to HRO, ask for David, AI4XL. He'll give you the help.
HTH,
Larry

rapidcharger

I'm nowhere near there but another idea is to go to a club meeting and I'm sure you'll get some help there. I did pass the word on to someone who is sort of in that area and they said they would reply to the thread but they might be tied up due to the weather conditions and their profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.