Noob with Uniden BCD436HP needing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

seo

Additional info/question. I see upgrade options for provoice, DMR/MotoTRBO, and NXDN on here. But the upgades arent cheap. I am thinking maybe i need to upgrade one or more of those. However, as my primary purpose for the scanner is to get some insight into the increased police activity in my neighborhood, i dont want to pay any more if i will not be able to achieve that primary purpose of listening to the Barrow police channels. I guess i could go to people's houses and ask why the police have been visiting them periodically but im sensing that may have some drawbacks. If i cant listen to these channels then i will end up returning the unit. Any and all assistance is appreciated. If I cant listen to these channels no matter what please advise. I have certainly tried to figure this all out on my own. I have upgraded the sentinal software and handheld firmware. I have searched for answers elsewhere and in this site. No luck for a newbie trying to learn all the terms and such. So im hoping for someone here who can help. I dont want to return the radio out of frustration only to learn later my inability to listen was just a setup matter.

N8IAA

I am wanting to scan Barrow County GA channels, especially safety, police and fire. The channels I am interested in are listed here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=389#cid-2220 . Can someone tell me if I will have any success listening to these channels or are they encrypted in a way that I will be unable to monitor them?

Zip, Zero, Zilch. Encrypted. Used to be fun to monitor Barrow. Been silent for quite a few years now.
Just like my county, Gwinnett. They went silent eleven years ago.

seo

Thank you. This is disappointing. So is there any benefit to keeping and having a scanner like this? Gosh i like gadgets but it was a good chunk o change. I have thought about becoming a HAM in the past but have not made any strides toward that. What to do now...

Anthony

1268 said:

Fire Dispatch is Simulcast on 154.160
This is no longer true either. All fire and law is encrypted and only on the 700 system. no simulcast. According to the FCC database, this frequency shows expired for Barrow county.

Status
Not open for further replies.