Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman5361

Premium Subscriber
Good evening
Using a RatioShack Pro 163 and trying to listen to NHP in Las Vegas. I belive I have the frequencies correct, but most of the time between talk I hear data noise.
I have heard the unit or dispatch and the transmission ends with a few beeps. Then most of the time a lot of noise will blast in. Always right when you turn it up to hear what is being said lol
Is this normal? Is there a way to block this out?
I seen some of the codes posted like 05-121 and on but after reading the book front to back its driving me nuts and I really dont understand the whole trunking thing and how these codes work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

SCPD

QRT
Good evening
Using a RatioShack Pro 163 and trying to listen to NHP in Las Vegas. I belive I have the frequencies correct, but most of the time between talk I hear data noise.
I have heard the unit or dispatch and the transmission ends with a few beeps. Then most of the time a lot of noise will blast in. Always right when you turn it up to hear what is being said lol
Is this normal? Is there a way to block this out?
I seen some of the codes posted like 05-121 and on but after reading the book front to back its driving me nuts and I really dont understand the whole trunking thing and how these codes work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you
It sounds like you have programmed NHP in conventional mode, not trunked mode EDACS. I suggest you try to program NHP once again in Trunked Edacs wide mode. Yes a bit of a pain but!!

Megaman5361

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks...
Ive tried to program I have the codes entered..but I dont think its scanning in the trunked mode. Ive read the book a few times and all I get is a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.