Nooelec and op25

Status
Not open for further replies.

a417

do you have any other bluetooth devices that connected, to confirm the stack is working? Like a USB mouse or something?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
My RPi4 1GB's audio output hates pulseaudio. I had ongoing intermittent audio output failures (and was never able to connect BT) until I removed pulseaudio and purged its config files. With pulseaudio gone, I can use HDMI or BT audio. My RPi3 and Intel NUC don't seem to mind. I have a new RPi4 4GB that I plan to test to see if I can get it working.

Watton925

Premium Subscriber
The Bluetooth speaker will play if sound coming thru browser just not op25

a417

My RPi4 1GB's audio output hates pulseaudio. I had ongoing intermittent audio output failures (and was never able to connect BT) until I removed pulseaudio and purged its config files. With pulseaudio gone, I can use HDMI or BT audio. My RPi3 and Intel NUC don't seem to mind. I have a new RPi4 4GB that I plan to test to see if I can get it working.
I also eschew pulseaudio.

boatbod

As an aside, in some circumstances op25 may achieve better audio performance by natively using the Pulse Audio libraries rather than ALSA. This is certainly not always the case, but can be worth experimenting with. To use pulse rather than alsa, simply set "-O pulse" as the audio device destination on the rx.py or audio.py command line.

Watton925

Premium Subscriber
Can I use O- bluez Will that port it to Bluetooth or is that wishful thinking?

a417

wishful thinking.

Bluez is the bluetooth stack that allows bluetooth to...happen. Once the audio correctly gets into the audio subsystem (pulse, alsa) then bluez can handle sending it out.

boatbod

wishful thinking.

Bluez is the bluetooth stack that allows bluetooth to...happen. Once the audio correctly gets into the audio subsystem (pulse, alsa) then bluez can handle sending it out.

"bluez" would only be a valid destination if there is an alsa device aliased as such, otherwise the only special destination is "pulse". That said, once you get the audio into the pulse subsystem I think it is perhaps easier to redirect through the pavucontrol app.

a417

"bluez" would only be a valid destination if there is an alsa device aliased as such, otherwise the only special destination is "pulse". That said, once you get the audio into the pulse subsystem I think it is perhaps easier to redirect through the pavucontrol app.
Agreed, but not all of us use PA.

boatbod

Agreed, but not all of us use PA.
I understand that, but I think if you are able to do so it *might* make using bluetooth easier. I can't say for sure since I don't use any internal sound on my pi3 or pi4. From what I've experienced firsthand, PA on a headless pi4 is an exercise in frustration, but not necessarily impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.