NooElec Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgallim

Has anyone tried to contact NooElec this week? I made a purchase from their Amazon store and I cannot get it to power on. I have tried to contact them four different times using email, the web form, and the phone number listed on their site and have not received a response. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the extreme weather this week but I would like to either get my dongle replaced or working, and probably order a second one.

Thanks,
Ron

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
How are you trying to turn it on? Have you downloaded any software yet to actually uee the dongle. Cause all ya have to do is hit play. I suggest doing a youtube search on sdr etc...lots of helpful vids out there to get you started

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Using Tapatalk 4

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I had a bad NooElec dongle ordered via Amazon. It would intermittently work. So I just used Amazon to send it back. Upon doing that, I got a note from NooElec asking what was happening, so they could be aware of the issue. The Amazon refund and new NooElec worked out fine. Hope this helps.

rgallim

Maybe I cannot figure out how "turn it on." Windows control panel, SDR#, and Zadig do not see it. I have tried three computer running WinXP, Win7 x86, and Win7 x64.

anderd

Maybe I cannot figure out how "turn it on." Windows control panel, SDR#, and Zadig do not see it. I have tried three computer running WinXP, Win7 x86, and Win7 x64.

in Zadig goto options, select list all devices and try that before you return it. I got mine yesterday finally after almost a month and a half. I live in the mountains and dont receive much up here but compared to my scanner the receive on these are less than desireable with my current configuration. Im sure im doing something wrong somewhere and that a better antenna would also help matters, but i even unsoldered the coax and soldered it to a bnc and connected the scanners antenna and with the gain turned up, i wither cant receive the signal, or its distorted and no ammount of tuning or mode change seems to make a difference. Oddly when i use it on my smartphone it receives FM Broadcast Radio just fine, yet not on the PC, this is why i feel its a setting or something i am personally doing wrong and not the hardware.

Fiddle around with it a bit, watch some youtube video's as i'll be watching some more today myself and hopefully we both can resolve our issues with these dongles as i see others having great luck with them.

David

Rauthosan

Hello new user here and new to SDR (about a month into it)

I have ran into the same problem with the Terratec E4000 I recieved today.
I currently own 2 other rtl-sdr's one I got last week from Nooelec the Rafael R820T-RTL2832U

I have tried for a while with the terratec using windows 7 x64 all usb ports 2.0 and 3.0
the other devices I have windows detects right away both 2832U (NooElec and Generic)
and have a blue led that comes on the far right.

The terratec from the youtube video's I
watched have no led light.but when firing up zadig it does not detect the terratec.It finds
both 2832U sticks so for sure this is a defect.I even went into device manager and did a scan for hardware changes then tried it on linux mint x64 and another pc using windows xp x86 and no luck.

I contacted nooelec a few hours ago and already got a response to return and get a replacement
the only difference is I bought mine from ebay but still not sure why you haven't got a response yet but
keep trying.looks like we got ours from the same bad batch or maybe the crazy temps was too much for them.

Anyways hope you can get a replacement soon and the above info is of some small help.
best of luck

rgallim

I received a response late yesterday and they are going to replace the dongle. I actually ordered a second one so they will be shipping them together. They said they have been having problems with their PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.