Nopd edacs LCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghack

what is the LCN and how do you find it can't figure it out, and does anybody know if the edacs the NOPD uses is wide or narrow trying to program a 396t any help would be appreciated

ke5lvt

as far as i know nopd is using a edacs pro-voice witch is a different form of digital than the p25 standerd. scanners cant recevie it.

250d

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Well for one thing all you can hear is fire and ems but then at night time ,I have been hearing 2nd ,6th,7th on a spec channel at night even during the day sometimes,05-130
that id is very active.

Joseph11

All of the LCNs for their system are listed here. The Police are the only digital user; everyone else is analog.

EDIT: "EDACS Standard" means wide.

Last edited:

N5PCX

Nopd

MINDSHOCKER said:
as far as i know nopd is using a edacs pro-voice witch is a different form of digital than the p25 standerd. scanners cant recevie it.

I'm not totally sure about that.According to one this sites pages it says that the system is 700 mhz digital p25 simulcast.

Anyway here is the site for allto check out

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=156

P.s. I hope that it is not true, I just bought a 396 myself specifically to hear NOPD!!!

Wes

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
N5PCX said:
...I hope that it is not true, I just bought a 396 myself specifically to hear NOPD!!!
When (note when) New Orleans public safety makes the switch to the LATIE, then NOPD can be heard. At the moment, they have patched some of the NOPD channels to a LATIE TG so the National Guard can be contacted and monitor. At the present, no scanner can follow the NOPD on the EDACS ProVoice because no scanner can decode ProVoice.

To ghack:
You need to do some reading at the RR Wiki and also search through the database here so you know what is here and so that you have some background. Questions are alright, but your questions would be better with some background information about the simple things. :cool:

hsdtech

loumaag said:
When (note when) New Orleans public safety makes the switch to the LATIE, then NOPD can be heard.

From the info my club has heard, the 700 MHz LATIE System will be digitally encrypted.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
hsdtech said:
From the info my club has heard, the 700 MHz LATIE System will be digitally encrypted.
Encryption is certainly a possibility, although the entire system is capable of it, it is not a system choice, it is actually done by each radio on the system. The extra expense of this; however, would strain some budgets so although you may see some entities opt for it as a whole (and I suspect NOPD could be one of them), you probably will only see more sensitive stuff encrypted as opposed to wholesale encryption. I am not sure exactly how much it costs per radio to add that if specified on initial purchase, but retro-fitting is more expensive.

Perhaps MINDSHOCKER might want to comment on the added cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.