NOPD Feed for this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyone willing to host a temporary NOPD feed for today and later this evening through tomorrow morning? If you get enough listeners you might qualify for the feed provider incentives.

It can be a temporary feed - but things are sure you be crazy today and tonight - especially if the Saints win.

Who Dat!

You can email us at audio@radioreference.com if you are interested and we'll get you setup quickly.

Thanks!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
That will make two of the most listened too ever tonight. NOLA and the Miami feeds!

SCPD

QRT
Almost 500 people listening to Police alone - Thanks for the feed and Congrat's on the Super Bowl Win! Y'all have waited a long time and its well deserved - Play safe!

Last edited:

nexus

I've been begging for someone to put a feed of NOPD on radio reference/scanamerica now for a couple of years. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, uhhh please pretty please consider making it a permanent feed on here...

If the person providing the feed isn't reading this forum could you pass that on Lindsey? It would be so nice to have it running all the time. I go into the city often and I have friends who go there all the time and it would just be nice to finally listen to them on a regular basis.

As for the temp feed for the superbowl, thank you for giving us this little taste at least.

rwwheat

Premium Subscriber
Waldheim, LA USA (St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana US
re: NOPD Signal Code Link

Not sure how accurate this is, but give it a try: http://www.projectnola.com/scan/scanner.pdf

The projectmola.com link is an accurate link for the radio codes.

800 series unit numbers are the Eight District assigned to the French Quarter.

1800 series unit numbers are EMS

Unit numbers ending is a zero are supervisory units. Units ending in "49" are base stations.

There are other units assigned to the area on special assignment.

rwwheat

Premium Subscriber
Well the sun is up and New Orleans has survived the night. Three people were shot shortly after midnight at Iberville and Bourbon Streets. All with non-life threatening injuries: a 25-year-old man, a 30-year-old woman and a 36-year-old woman. The victims reported they were standing with a crowd when they heard gunshots and observed that they had been struck. All were treated at local hospitals and released.

No rioting. No looting. Just a lot of highly intoxicated people having a good time celebrating the Saints Super Bowl Victory, pigs flying and hell freezing over. Quite a few passed out falling flat on their faces necessitating police and EMS intervention.

Having the night clubs stay open 24/7 in New Orleans is possibily a critical factor in ensuring a happy crowd and celebration. The fact New Orleans does not shut down at 2 am thereby discharging several hundred thousand highly intoxicated revelers to the streets and highways has been our secret recipe for a successful celebration.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Yes Definately, I had the NOPD and NOFD feeds running, great listening, and Congrats to the Who Dat? Nation

rwwheat

Premium Subscriber
There was a time NOPD couldn't be monitored on a scanner,right? When did that change?

Approximately 1994, NOPD and the City of New Orleans switched from a conventional uhf 12 channel FM utilizing satellite receivers to an Ericsson EDACS trunking system utilizing Provoice technology. This system remailed vital up to August 29, 2005 when Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans. Reportedly a catastrophic failure of the system occurred at a keystone site. This was allegedly caused by flying debris puncturing generator's radiator resulting in loss of emergency power followed by the system shutting down.

Following Hurricane Katrina, the State of Louisiana ramped up efforts for a radio system allowing interconnectivity between public service agencies throughout the state. The result is the present Louisiana Wired Information Network, a Motorola Project 25 Phase I (FDMA). NOPD went online in 2006 as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.