Nopd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady1070

Does Any one know what exact system Nopd Is running right now. I am new to this fourm. And I live in New Orleans And Wanted to know.

Thanks

butch1893

At this moment NOPD is running a Provoive system that is patched into the LATIE system. This is the new 700 system. NOPD is in the process of transfering to the LATIE system.

Shady1070

What is the best scanner to use for the LATIE SYSTEM Or should I wait for more scanners to come out that cover that feature?

bassmkenk2508

Shady1070 said:
What is the best scanner to use for the LATIE SYSTEM Or should I wait for more scanners to come out that cover that feature?

I think right now they are the BCD396T (handheld scanner) and the BCD996T (base/mobile).

There may be another out there but I think those are all.

They support trunking Project 25 systems, which LATIE is one.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
At present date, they are the ONLY 700 MHz APCO 25 TRS capable scanners.

Shady1070

I am tempted to buy a BCD396T. I have a few questions. Are they easy to program? Can you do it from the computer. Also can you connect them to a outside antenna for base use? Thanks for your input.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Yes, Yes, & Yes.
You will have to adapt your thinking to a new type of programming though.
Uniden provides free software for using the computer to program it.
An outside antenna might get more than you really want, but you can do it.

Twister234

Premium Subscriber
One more option

While they will not trunk the 700 freqs, the Radio Shack Pro 96 and 2096 will monitor the 700 freqs in conventional mode if you use the Win96 software by Don Starr and select the extended frequency option. I am doing this and am having good luck as there is not much traffic on the system right now with the exception of the New Orleans towers. I have pulled out my credit card to order a 996 several times but have not. I subscribe to the BCD996T group at Yahoo and have noted that these units are extremely difficult ( that's actually a nice word to describe it) to program and operate. I am not a novice, having fooled with scanners and radios for 30 years. While the trunking feature will surely come in handy for LATIE later, the 399.00 current sale price for the Radio Shack units along with the ease of use(especially with Win96) make them a good alternative. Just my nickel's worth. Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.