nopd

Status
Not open for further replies.

250d

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i guess when i say that nopd is using the spec channels someone will say that there not and that there on the latie system well to let everyone know between the latie system ,there also using the analog channels.I just wanted to let the people know...that both system are being used.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
250d said:
i guess when i say that nopd is using the spec channels someone will say that there not and that there on the latie system well to let everyone know between the latie system ,there also using the analog channels.I just wanted to let the people know...that both system are being used.
Are you just normally aggressive or does it just come out when you are here on RR? I didn't see anyone doubting your post when you mentioned it previously.

It seems to me that the French Quarter district (is that 8?) has always continued to use the UHF analog channel they were using prior to move to the EDACS system. I have said this before, but it bears repeating; since last year's massive communications problems as a result of the storms, almost anything is possible in the SE Louisiana area (indeed all throughout southern LA).

As to people believing you, well perhaps if you posted in a coherent and understandable manner in recognizable English, more people could understand what you were talking about. And before you fire off a reply to that; remember, it is my job to moderate the forum.

kevins669

Database Admin
In reality, the SPEC Channels are used today just as they have in the past... NOPD is not "using" LATIE at all (yet) . They are using their same old EDACS ProVoice. I know for sure that DISP-1, DISP-3, and DISP-4 are being simulcast on LATIE.

For those that have the ear for it, you can hear the poor audio on the links.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Time will tell on the NOLA situation.. and lets try to be civil here folks, Lou is not the only Moderator watching.. :)

red8

lou,
The French Quarter is in the 1st district, when I was in the Police
Explorer Post from Baton Rouge, we went on a field trip to tour the
NOPD and we went to the station in the Quarter and that was 1st
district. District 8 is out of NOPD Headquarters. And they handled
the Central Business District of New Orleans.
red8

kevins669

Database Admin
Actually, its the other way around :)

1st Dist on Rampart St = Downtown / Central City / Treme / 7th Ward

8th Dist - On Royal St. = Quarter only

Kevin

red8

Ok Kevin,
I stand corrected on that matter, I most humbly thank you,It has been a while since I,ve been down there. I guess when you are
2 years away from 50, your mind gets cornfused (redneck talk for
confused).
red8

Status
Not open for further replies.