NORAD Exercises 10-11 Jan 2011 D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caloz

NORAD will be conducting air defense exercises tonight and tomorrow night and possibly Thursday night over the greater Washington D.C. area to include Baltimore and Northern Virginia. Exercises will be conducted from 11:30 PM to 5:30 AM each night. Source was local TV News. Would appreciate info on any active CAP, Refueling, Controller frequencies, if heard.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
NORAD will be conducting air defense exercises tonight and tomorrow night and possibly Thursday night over the greater Washington D.C. area to include Baltimore and Northern Virginia. Exercises will be conducted from 11:30 PM to 5:30 AM each night. Source was local TV News. Would appreciate info on any active CAP, Refueling, Controller frequencies, if heard.

Good luck getting some info......i'll be on the side watching and waiting for input as i have to work during the day and should sleep at nite.....keep us updated though.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These Falcon Virgo exercises happen at random times in the DC area. They're really not all that much to listen to (partially, I suspect, because they happen late at night). This article summarizes some of the known freqs (a bit old, from 2007, but I don't know of many changes to this list, as it's a very limited exercise)

Falcon Virgo Exercises - The RadioReference Wiki

A quick scan of the 2010 Sticky Thread for Milair in the Maryland forum shows 139.7 (AM) to be primary...

best regards...Mike

Last edited:

caloz

Thanks! I am relatively new to area... most of my experience has been in San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.