Norad Freqs For Stealth Bombers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

Does anyone know what frequencies that stealth bombers use? I have tried some NORAD ones but couldnt find anything.

freqhopping

I don't know any specifics frequencies. But program the UHF ARTCC freqs covering the area 200 miles around you. You'll hear any military aircraft passing through.

landonjensen

freqhopping said:
I don't know any specifics frequencies. But program the UHF ARTCC freqs covering the area 200 miles around you. You'll hear any military aircraft passing through.

What would those freqs be?

landonjensen

freqhopping said:

What would those freqs be?

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Living in a military rich area like I'm in, you can't really rely on finding one type of plane on one frequency. Your best bet is to program all of the frequencies in in the link given or set your scanner on search in the 225-400 MHz band and listen.

trace1

freqhopping said:
They (and any other military plane) could use any of those UHF freqs. Just depends where they are going.

Hey that'd be "freq-hopping" then, right? ;)

brandon

Database Admin
The NORAD fighters use 271.000 here in SoCal. That freq is active when POTUS visits or any other high level officials, major sporting events and during possible crisis like last weeks plane crash in NYC.

Regular military flights passing through the area should be on an LA Center frequency.

landonjensen

so brandon, your saying i should prgram all of those freqs for just a regular military plane going through?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
landon - Assuming here for a moment that you have a radio that's UHF milair capable (the PRO-95 isn't....) and you have a nice antenna up in the air, fed with good coax, your single best bet is to program in the Center frequencies that are geographically close to you.
It should also be noted that the ATA100 freqs the FAA sends out aren't the most accurate - this has been documented in many other places, so I won't go thru that discussion again.
If you're in the Southern part of the state, the Southern Ca.Milcom Yahoo group can guide you in regard to other freqs you can try. And I'm sure the someone in the California forum can help as well. The URL for the Yahoo group is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/socalmilcom/

As to milcom receiving radios - nowadays there's a plethoria of them floating around, both used and new. Again, our wiki is a good place to start for research - and there was a thread - I think in the Military Monitoring forum - that was discussing such scanners.
Personally if you had a discone mounted nice and high with a BC780 - widely considered to be one of the best ever made - you would have your hands full in short order.

73s Mike

Last edited:

CommShrek

landonjensen said:
Does anyone know what frequencies that stealth bombers use? I have tried some NORAD ones but couldnt find anything.

NORAD.jpg

NORAD Access Denied!!! But I know what kind of lightbar you can put on your brothers catering trailer.

mc_lighting_concpets_trailer_night_demo_reduced-compressed12.jpg

mancow

Database Admin
I'm only about 60 miles from their base. They seem to like 381.3 alot but generally they use whatever is the norm for the area such as 311 and 321.

landonjensen

Nope he already found a single flash strobe that does the trick.
Nice lighting setup of yours though !

CommShrek said:
NORAD.jpg

NORAD Access Denied!!! But I know what kind of lightbar you can put on your brothers catering trailer.

mc_lighting_concpets_trailer_night_demo_reduced-compressed12.jpg

mancow

Database Admin
Hey Landon,

Your B2's are up right now. I'm hearing them on 277.4 Springfield High Altitude.

So, I suppose you could just listen for callsign "Death" on the Uhf Center freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.