NORAD Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluealien11

I have been looking online and through RR for a few days trying to come up with a decent milair frequency list for my area, and stumbled upon this PDF file containing numerous NORAD frequencies. I figured I would upload it for anyone else looking for the same type of info. Not exactly sure how accurate the list is, but I haven't seen it anywhere else on RR.

http://www.silverminedesign.com/radio/norad.pdf

BMT

You will need to be real careful with this list.
Bunch of bad freqs!!

BMT

bluealien11

I expected a lot of the frequencies to be outdated, but I am sure some of them can be used as a starting point for people just getting into Milair.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Anything in the 380 and above range is no long mil air. 380 and above is now for the DOD. and DOJ P-25 TRS's. All agencies using 380 and above were relocatted to lower frequencies.

mancow

Database Admin
When did that happen? I used to hear B2s on 381.300 quite a bit but now that you mentioned it I don't recall hearing them for at least several months.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.

BMT

Norad

If you take all KNOWN LMR freqs and put them in a spreadsheet, there are still a lot of freqs available 380-399.9

I watch for freq changes across 225-399.9 and there has been some user's and function's move out of 380.0-399.9.

BMT

Warthog1

Silent Key
The list is older because Northeast and Southeast sectors have combined, and are controlled by HUNTRESS in Rome NY.

Although the list does have outdated frequencies, the ones in use are in there.
and there is still some air trafic above 380 MHz, but drastically reduced for the reasons mentioned earlier.

For the B-2's try 388.85 (confirmed)

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
There has been ever increasing activity with practice battles and refueling. There was a dry period about a year ago. I also noticed today here in Western New York the Mil aircraft were communicating
on VHF with KBUF but, using their normal OPS freqs. I don't remember constant COMMs on the VHF
side before - once in a while yes. This is interesting.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And the point should be made that not everything in the 380-400 mhz area is reserved for the new mil trunking systems - there are holes that are still used by aircraft. This has been documented in MT in the past. 73 Mike

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.