Norcom Communications - Suffolk County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
Since I am spending more time at home I came across the following system that I do not see in the database.

What I have found is the following.
858.1375 and 859.1375 appear to be control channels.
I have it as a Motorola type II system.
Activity on the following talkgroups

Appears to be similar to other Norcom systems as the users seem to be service type users.
I am in CT and can pick up the CC channels pretty good so it has good coverage.

Anyone have more information on this system?
Thanks,
Dave

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Wow you are good!
I guess Norcom must have taken over the old Radon system.
I just programmed it in my scanner as a Mot type II so I am not sure if it is still a hybrid or not.
Thanks again for the quick reply!
Dave

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, I have a few "Norcom" systems/stations programmed in, directly from the RR database, never hear anything on them. In particular a P25 "test" system that has been there, but inactive as far as I can see (but I'm on the eastern end / south shore of LI) for years. Maybe they took over Radon's system instead of making their own??

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that was a test system. It was an active system back in like 2007 thru 2010. I believe I tried picking it up a while back and the freqs were dead. Last update was 10 years ago so it might be depreciated now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you come across any systems still listed in the RRDB that are dead, submit and we'll get rid of them.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
I think the "Test" system I was remembering is now the live P25 system being switched to. I think it was just "Test" for a short period... I'm no expert on these though... .but it definitely said "P25" and "Test" and Norcom at one time. I have it in my notes for a previous scanner programming.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.