Norfolk Fire - 7 Tac channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

I'm monitoring my scanners with no power and lots of lightning. Norfolk FD is being paged all over the place and I found out they have at least 7 tac channels. One station was going to use the OFM channel as a TAC channel but was advised Dispatch (St. Catherines) would not be able to hear them.
Also the one station said they are only able to go up to Tac 5, no higher. Since the Tac channels are not on repeaters, I'm not close enough to pick up what frequencies they are using.

Probably no power in my area for several hours after the wall of wind came through.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Hey Jason, are you close enough to be able to hear Tillsonburg Fire??? Check out their freqs/channels as they used to dispatch for Norfolk. They seem to have a lot of channels and I thought I saw one that said Norfolk on it.

mciupa

Hey Jason, are you close enough to be able to hear Tillsonburg Fire??? Check out their freqs/channels as they used to dispatch for Norfolk. They seem to have a lot of channels and I thought I saw one that said Norfolk on it.

This one?

Tillsonburg

153.95000 150.47000 RM127.3 PLTFD6NorfolkFire Ch. 6 - Norfolk Langton Tower FM Fire Dispatch

jasoyeom

What I have found is that the tac channels don't seem to be on any repeaters so you would have to be close to the scene to be able to hear them. I'm not sure how Dispatch hears them (if they do) without repeaters. I presume that the person in command may switch back to the main dispatch channel to contact dispatch.

I have yet to verify Tac 3 and 4 as listed in the database. I have a contact at Norfolk FD but I doubt they will know what frequencies they use. Maybe if they are nice and have a radio.... Close Call would help fill in the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.