The old channels seem to be silent
Just woundering if anyone has any info
thanks

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Going through TAFL reveals a bunch of frequencies not in the database:

143.580 and 143.760 are licenced in Bloomsburg with a bandwidth of 11.0khz and an antenna height above ground of 46m.

153.875 is also licenced in the Delhi-Simcoe area and not in the database.

154.130 also licenced and not in the database. Possibly a mutual aid channel with Oxford County.

154.710 is paired with 151.640 which is in the database however 154.710 would seem to be the repeater output.

There's also a bunch of UHF frequencies as well which appear to be a link back to London:

414.1875, 414.9125/419.9125,

Try plugging in everything in the database for Norfolk as well as these unknowns.

I thought I had heard that London OPP would start dispatching for Norfolk? It's possible these UHF frequencies might carry traffic that you could listen to until you find the corresponding VHF frequencies.

winpa

Norfolk fire

Thanks Mike for the info
Norfolk fire has been dispatched by opp out of London for several years now
When Norfolk came into being as a county about 5 yrs ago there fire departments were
joined together with all the old radios and frequencies
They now have a new system that joins them together.
I will try those freq you gave me again thank you

confused

norfolk freq

All 11 stations of Norfilk County are on `154.340.

I got this from the fire chief

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Heard a nightly pager test for Simcoe tonight which is new for me and heard Delhi get paged for an MVA with entrapment around 7:30pm tonight.

Heard the comm centre refer to themselves as London dispatch so I guess that settles that.

Only thing I noticed is that the new users sound like they have been programmed for narrow where all the old or existing users are programmed for wide including dispatch which makes for a really unbalanced system, not to mention them having to switch to diiferent channels or towers for coverage instead of setting up the system as simulcast / voter receivers like London / Middlesex. I am pretty sure they had no choice in the narrow FM as all new licenced users are being forced narrow by IC, now time to upgrade / reprogram the rest of the users to match.

Recorded and edited it so you guys can hear, dispatch audio quality isn't so great either.

Attachments

• Norfolk Fire.zip
    83.4 KB · Views: 50

winpa

Norfolk fire dispatch

Norfolk fire continues to be dispatched by the opp headquaters in London on the 401 as they have been for several years now.
I hear the dispatch on the old Delhi channel 154.3400 When the fire crew is in the truck they can still be heard on the old delhi channel as well as others. The audio is very low and
of a poor quality on the other channels and when they were at the MVA metioned in the last post I heard the district chief ask a fire fighter at the scene to switch to a tact 3 channel.
It appears that this new system needs some fine tuning and is not as good as the old system they replaced. This is par for the course with this local county qoverment. They had one delay after another in the purchase and install of this new system and it was way behind schedule and still not working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.