Norfolk Mil Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I was doing a service search this morning when I picked up some traffic on 326.1750.

There callsign was Laboon (which im assuming is the Navy Destroyer) they were contacting callsign Tang Zulu, with updated contact reports one of which was of an "Iranian Kilo Sinker" (Which Im assuming is an Iranian Sub?) They were giving positions, speeds, and direction of travel. Not sure if anyone knows if they are just conducting exercises or not. I believe Laboon is in port right now.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Also this afternoon I was able to pick up some Air-Air/Ground traffic on 352.1000. Callsigns were Gypsy 21, 22, 23 who were tracking a 2 vehicle convoy on FLIR and providing close air support (CAS) for call sign "Oscar" (which seemed to be a ground unit, possibly the convoy). At one point I heard a request for a danger close CAS 9 line from Oscar to Gypsy. At which point Gypsy dropped a GBU 38 JDAM on the target. Sounds like a joint exercise.

After further reasearch I was able to determine that Gypsy was VFA-32 from Oceana. A few F/A 18's providing CAS for "Oscar" who I haven't been able to identify.

Right after the exercise was indexed they were talking about tomorrows exercise, so if your in the area turn the dial to 352.1000 and listen to some realistic drama.

If anyone monitors or has information to share let me know. I'm getting more into the Military Air monitoring now. I live right next to Chambers Field and figured if I have to hear the Hawkeyes fly over the house I may as well here them talk on the radio too.

SCPD

QRT
I am at Chambers Field.... Most of the freq's listed in the DB are correct for Chambers Field. Also Fire 1-3 are correct. There is NO more channel 4.

Mark

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you have updates to the database, please take the time to submit them. It's the only way the db can be kept up to date....73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.