Norfolk Nebraska Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_tunz

What happened to the Norfolk feed??
Is there plans of it coming back online ??
If not is anyone willing to put one online???

33kracing

i have no clue... the NSP here in grand island and as well as lincoln have been using theyre low-band (42MHz) for over a week now... i hope they ditch that crappy digital audio soundin radios and go back to the low band that hasnt failed once in the last 150 years.

Hobbyscan

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Mr_tunz, it's not likely to be provided by me again. I know you were a faithful listner. I came to realize that by providing this feed that I was endagering the lives of Police officers and giving criminals an advantage if they had a smartphone. I could go on and on about the topic, but this was my ultimate concern.

Last edited:

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Mr_tunz, it's not likely to be provided by me again. I know you were a faithful listner. I came to realize that by providing this feed that I was endagering the lives of Police officers and giving criminals an advantage if they had a smartphone. I could go on and on about the topic, but this was my ultimate concern.

Thank you. I respect you for that that decision.

mr_tunz

I understand as well. I have said the same thing about mine feed that I host as well. I just really dont know what to do. One thing that a friend keeps telling me that its no differnt than someone buying a scanner and carrying it anywhere they go. I have even heard stories from the bigger citys that the gangs have gotten a hold of police radios and been using them to avoid the police. But I do respect your decison.

SCPD

QRT
Too bad they can't make the police feeds only available to paying members. This way it would limit the chance of a suspect using the feed to listen to cops.
On the flip side of the discussion most calls to 911 are after the crime has occurred and unless they have access to cad the criminals ussually won't know how many cars are in service or where they are at.

elephant

I sure do appreciate your time and resources in providing a feed from back home. I was an avid scanner listener when I lived in Norfolk and it's so nice to listen to Norfolk PD from Phoenix. That's what's so great
about the internet. I now listen to Norfolk Catholic games in real time from way out here. And, with some
of the web cams from around the area, kind of makes you feel like I'm back there.

Again, Redneck0410, thanks so much for your contribution.

Redneck0410

I sure do appreciate your time and resources in providing a feed from back home. I was an avid scanner listener when I lived in Norfolk and it's so nice to listen to Norfolk PD from Phoenix. That's what's so great
about the internet. I now listen to Norfolk Catholic games in real time from way out here. And, with some
of the web cams from around the area, kind of makes you feel like I'm back there.

Again, Redneck0410, thanks so much for your contribution.

No problem. I will do my best to correct any problem anyone has with my feed as soon as possible. I have noticed an increasing number of listeners over the past few days, and I greatly appreciate it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have with regards to the feed and I will try and answer your questions as best as I can. I work early mornings, so I may not reply immediately to anyone's problem posts, but I will remedy any problems as soon as I can. Again, thanks for listening.

-Redneck0410

v4vDrJoker

Hey Redneck0410, I also appreciate your feed. Nice to be able to listen to Norfolk happenings when on the go or at work now.

Just curious if you changed your mind about your feed and have taken it down, or what. I noticed it has been down since Sun night I believe.......

Hope it returns to us!!

Thanks
v4vDrJoker

Redneck0410

Hey Redneck0410, I also appreciate your feed. Nice to be able to listen to Norfolk happenings when on the go or at work now.

Just curious if you changed your mind about your feed and have taken it down, or what. I noticed it has been down since Sun night I believe.......

Hope it returns to us!!

Thanks
v4vDrJoker

Thank you for the question... I have been having issues with the computer providing the feed (The feed scanner still works great) and I will have it back up within the next few hours, as I have been on the road and just returned Friday. Again, thank you for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience.

v4vDrJoker

Here for ya...

Let me know if ya need some help with getting your computer figured out. I'm not a computer genius, but may have some spare parts and other computer knowledge to help get the feed back online..

I am not familiar with the program this site uses for web feeding, but I am definitely willing to help ya out if ya need technical help bud.

v4vDrJoker

Redneck0410

Norfolk feed

Thanks for the offer, I had a few other issues come up with the computer providing the feed. I will get my computer problems figured out very soon, and hope to bring the Norfolk feed back up within the next week. Thanks for the interest, guys.

v4vDrJoker

My offer still stands bud. Any help ya might need just ask. Really anxious to get the feed back online.

I never realized how much I listened to it until it disappeared....

:)

v4vDrJoker

Well it looks like the Norfolk feed is not coming back. That's too bad. I am able and willing in any way to get it back online.

I just can't afford a scanner myself, or I would immediately supply a feed to the norfolk area. If someone has the ability (trunked scanner) I can supply the computer technical knowhow. Or even better a 50Mbdown/3Mb up connection for a working scanner to live feed continuously. Cheap scanner for sale or a working trunked unit and I will get the feed back up guys.

Just let me know...Im dying to get a Norfolk feed back to RadioReference.com....

Redneck0410

Norfolk Feed

Sorry for the extended delay, the Norfolk Feed (pending the application being accepted) will be coming back very very soon! Again, I apologize for the delay. Finally secured a dedicated computer to use for the feed, so things should start falling into place very soon.

Thanks for your concern.
-Shawn

Redneck0410

v4vDrJoker

yippee!

I really appreciate it redneck. Some of us have really missed this feed. Much appreciated.

Could have given you a computer if that's what you needed...lol.

Thanks again!

elephant

Thanks so much for providing the Norfolk feed again. I really missed it. Friday night, the system was hopping. Heck, I even heard them do a 10-29 on someone I know from back there. What a hoot!

The audio quality on the feed is superb!

As a former Norfolkan, I began my scanning hobby back in the late 70's. 39.9 was great to listen to and
with a good outdoor antenna, I could pick up departments all over northeast nebraska. It's been a while
since I've been back there, but thanks to your feed, I can picture in my mind all the locations that pd and fire
are sent to.

Again, a huge thanks for putting the feed back up.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.