Norfolk P25 new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Got a hit tonite on 857.9875 one of norfolks control channels that no longer shows up in trunker, ran pro96com com on it and it has 4 of norfolks channels showing up, looks like they are setting up their new system, database has been updated

Mike

SCPD

QRT
any idea when the switch will happen , i still have just static on my 163 for 857.9875 its sorta of a cc sound but really staticty

SCPD

QRT
and another thing , how do you know that the new system is going to be P-25 Phase II FDMA,TDMA just wondering how you found that out?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
The new system I think is p-25 not phase II I don't think

kc4jgc

I recently asked someone familiar the the happenings; IIRC, he told me the switchover was scheduled for the spring but thinks it may be this summer. Maybe I'll ask for an update.

K9DUO

The word I got was March 31st for the switchover. BUT, having worked for the city for 28 years, I can tell you nothing ever happens by the projected date. So I think it would be safe to say between April and June.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Still a realist Kelly ? I thought maybe Jan 2013 the way norfolk does things LOL, ran pro96com on CC thats what the data dump displays, 163 will NOT work on digital

Last edited:

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Kelly rumor mill was wrong, only problem is RR wont let me select Phase II only FDMA

Last edited:

K9DUO

Oops. I didnt mean to put the Phase II in there. Thats what I get for "copy and paste". Meant to just say its going to be FDMA, not TDMA.. ........P25 FDMA....

SCPD

QRT
Good so not something we can't monitor will just have to order a PSR-800

Last edited:

st126

I read somewhere the RR Association agreeded to go FDMA 6.25 NEXEDGE/ICOM. I know of 1 RR already buying NEXEDGE and have just added the NEXEDGE/ICOM designation to their FCC license. NO SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.