Norfolk Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
is it just me or has anybody else noticed horrible reception with this system, i came home today and turned on my 163 and i noticed i didn't have any bars then 2 the 2-3 bars on my signal strength and the signal is real scratchy, it was also receiving absolutely fine this morning! please help and my 163 is programmed correctly

kc4jgc

I live in Va Beach and I cannot pick up Norfolk at all. What up with that?

Location, location, location! Tell us about your setup. Are you using a handheld or desktop? If desktop, are you using an external antenna or using the back of set antenna supplied with the unit? If handheld, just moving a few inches can help. Being near a window facing west will help. Tell us your approximate location. May be obstructions in the path between you and Norfolk, especially if you're near the oceanfront or in Pungo or Blackwater. The main site is on Sewell's Point Rd near E. Little Creek Rd.

Also, do you have all the control channels programmed?

gcgrotz

I live in Va Beach and I cannot pick up Norfolk at all. What up with that?

As Steve says, location, etc.

Keep in mind that 20 miles, even over flat terrain like you have (I miss that sometimes) is pretty much all you can expect on 800 MHz, even with a good mobile. When I lived off Birdneck Rd, trying to get local TV off the air in an apartment was just about impossible, and they had 1000+ feet tall towers.

SCPD

QRT
i use the RS 800 mhz rubber duckie with right angle connector; it really is all about location, im just south of Craney Island and I can pick Norfolk up pretty well Portsmouth pretty well Chesapeake is alright and Suffolk always has static, but speaking of location i've picked up Wicomico Co. MD and last night I had about 2-3 bars on my signal strength. I was picking up Wicomico Co Sheriifs, FG 2C and FG 2E, MSP Salisbury, this is the 2nd time ive picked them up and using the RS 800, i would go out and buy the RS 800 mhz antenna $20 dollars, its worth the money

Status
Not open for further replies.