Norman FD/EMS notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Picked up two pieces of info at a ward meeting the other day. One is that Engine 3's new house will be finished by the end of the year. It's on E Constitution, not far east of Jenkins and near OUPD. I drove by the other day and it looks good. Three bays, so I gather they have plans for a Truck 3 or something in there (I assume there is a Brush 3 already).

The other bit is that NRH has received some land near SH 9 and SE 12th that will be used for a new EMSSTAT station. Currently, EMSSTAT 30 (I believe that's the unit) is running out of one of the "temporary" WW2 buildings on South Base. Nice accomodations. Not.

Peter

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Emsstat

Can anyone provide current EMSSTAT unit numbers/locations? It use to be that 10 was at NRH and 20 was at the EMS station on W Robinson near 24th NW. Is that still the case? I assume that 30 is the unit stationed in the WW2 building on South Base. It also sounds like there is an 11, which I assume runs out of NRH.

Anyone have the straight scoop?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Norman Hospital EMSStat Talkgroups

plaws said:
Can anyone provide current EMSSTAT unit numbers/locations? It use to be that 10 was at NRH and 20 was at the EMS station on W Robinson near 24th NW. Is that still the case? I assume that 30 is the unit stationed in the WW2 building on South Base. It also sounds like there is an 11, which I assume runs out of NRH.

30 definitely runs from South Base. I'm confident in the other two now as well. Command units are in the 90s, though there is also an "EMSStat 100".

The TGs in the DB aren't really right, however. The DB shows:

19536 EMS STAT 1 Norman Ambulance -- EMSSTAT 1
19568 EMS STAT 2 Norman Ambulance -- EMSSTAT 2
44144 EMSTAT -- Ambulance to Hospital (Patient Reports)

19536 is where all the hospital comms are. Occasionally, you hear admin-type traffic on 19568. I *never* hear EMSStat on 44144, though. It's active today, a gameday, with some kind of gate control, possibly at the RV Tailgate area next to the LNC. Definitely not EMS traffic.

BTW, here's the article about the new quarters for EMSStat 30. Dunno when it's supposed to open - they're still running out of the comdemned building.

fast2okc

Database Admin
plaws said:
The TGs in the DB aren't really right, however. The DB shows:

19536 EMS STAT 1 Norman Ambulance -- EMSSTAT 1
19568 EMS STAT 2 Norman Ambulance -- EMSSTAT 2
44144 EMSTAT -- Ambulance to Hospital (Patient Reports)

19536 is where all the hospital comms are. Occasionally, you hear admin-type traffic on 19568. I *never* hear EMSStat on 44144, though. It's active today, a gameday, with some kind of gate control, possibly at the RV Tailgate area next to the LNC. Definitely not EMS traffic.

Thanks for the update.
Do the ambulances dipatch on the fire department dispatch talkgroup (19216), or are we missing somethiing in the database?

--fast2okc

plaws

Premium Subscriber
fast2okc said:
Thanks for the update.
Do the ambulances dipatch on the fire department dispatch talkgroup (19216), or are we missing somethiing in the database?

--fast2okc

On the Fire "DC" channel, yep. Even for the non-emergency inter-facility stuff.

Peter

plaws

Premium Subscriber
plaws said:
Picked up two pieces of info at a ward meeting the other day. One is that Engine 3's new house will be finished by the end of the year. It's on E Constitution, not far east of Jenkins and near OUPD.

I believe the address is 500 E Constitution St. E3, Brush 3, and at least one other piece of apparatus, likely a reserve, are quartered there.

The new OUPD is directly south of the new firehouse but is not yet open. Bet the OU coppers will be happy to get into that place!

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Sta. 3

Their new Engine 3 will be delivered towards the middle/end of September. Surprise...it's going to be RED!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Red? Omg!

eharlow said:
Their new Engine 3 will be delivered towards the middle/end of September. Surprise...it's going to be RED!

Get out! Fire apparatus should be red (regardless of what any ophthamologist/volunteer firefighters from upstate New York say!), but at least Norman had a cool yellow.

Great news - I look forward to seeing the new rig! IN RED! Any details? Maker? Pump/tank size, etc?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
fast2okc said:
Thanks for the update.
are we missing somethiing in the database?

Another update:
19536 G EMS STAT 1 Norman Ambulance -- Ambulance to Hospital
19568 G EMS STAT 2 Norman Ambulance -- Administration

I'm fairly certain that the channel tags are reversed. The descriptions are correct, but "1" and "2" need to be swapped. The traffic listed is on those TGs, just the 1 and 2 are reversed.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Red Red Red

It's a Pierce
Velocity cab with 1250 Waterous pump, 750 tank, FoamPro 2001 A/B foam system with dual 30 gallon tanks, crosslays (instead of speedlays).

It'll be bright red with a reflective gold stripe. Lettering and stripe pattern will be the same as the current apparatus.

Also, further news....Pierce was low bid on a new Engine 1 a couple of weeks ago with tentative Council purchase approval on August 21 I believe. It'll be a twin to E-3 with the exception of the crosslays. The new E-1 will have speedlays like the current E-1 and E-7.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Sorry....the new E-3 had speedlays also. Forgot we changed back to them at pre-construction. I'll hopefully have some pictures tomorrow.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Interesting color...white over blue would look pretty sweet.
You know what KME stands for?????

K=Keeps
M=Mechanics
E=Employed

Ha ha ha

I will make sure it's on the new deliveries page AND I'll email you a picture when it's done....
For your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of the new E-3 as it sits now (as of last Wednesday morning)

Attachments

• 08_15_07_1001.jpg
    08_15_07_1001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,680
  • 08_15_07_1002.jpg
    08_15_07_1002.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,609

plaws

Premium Subscriber
plaws said:
The other bit is that NRH has received some land near SH 9 and SE 12th that will be used for a new EMSSTAT station. Currently, EMSSTAT 30 (I believe that's the unit) is running out of one of the "temporary" WW2 buildings on South Base. Nice accomodations. Not.

Nearly two years later ... they've finally started work on the new EMS station. It's just south of SH 9 on 12th Ave SE. 'Bout damn time.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
eharlow said:
For your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures of the new E-3 as it sits now (as of last Wednesday morning)

Engine 3's new piece has been in service for a while now. The Norman Transcript had an article about how all new Norman apparatus will be red and how that will save about $1,500 on each vehicle.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
E-3

Yeah, the "mishap" they're speaking about occured out at ATC Freightliner. These new 2007 emissions motors are a handful and they had a minor issue with E-3's so they took it out there for the Cummins warranty work. Those idiots thought it was completely drained and left it outside, freezing a bunch of valves and warping them.

Thank god it's all taken care of. I STILL have not seen an in-service picture of it yet!

Going up for final inspection on the new one the 25th.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
eharlow said:
I STILL have not seen an in-service picture of it yet!

The paper paper had a front page shot of the crew making up. You could only really see the back step, though.

Which company gets the next piece?

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
I think E-1 from what Jamie and Mike said. I can't remember what we did on the graphics...been several trucks ago.

E-4 is the next piece up. Gonna do a full blow quint or another telesquirt type piece.

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Update NEW E-1

Here's the latest pictures of the new NFD Engine 1. It's pretty much complete minus the lettering on the doors and front. The letters were cut but just not applied yet. Looks nice and toasty inside but it was -10 to -15 all this week in the mornings while I was there WITH 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Attachments

• 02-20-08_1337.jpg
    02-20-08_1337.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,728
  • 02-20-08_1338.jpg
    02-20-08_1338.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2,160
Status
Not open for further replies.