Norman Fire8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraman762

Does anyone know the talkgroup for Norman Fire8? I am listening to all the others but this is a new station and its down the street from my home.

Its not listed in the database.

woodyrr

The talkgroups listed in the database as Norman Fire 1 - 7 are fireground channels. They are used to keep communications for individual incidents off of the main dispatch talkgroup. With seven fireground channels, seven distinct incidents could be working simultaneously, each having its own channel. I don't think that I would want to be anywhere near the city if all seven were ever needed. Each station does not have its own talkgroup: Station 8 is dispatched on the main dispatch talkgroup along with the others and is assigned a fireground talkgroup, if necessary, along with the other responding units, from one of the existing seven.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups listed in the database as Norman Fire 1 - 7 are fireground channels. They are used to keep communications for individual incidents off of the main dispatch talkgroup. With seven fireground channels, seven distinct incidents could be working simultaneously, each having its own channel.

Imagine in Norman actually did it that way?

Or put EMS admin on the EMS admin channel?

That would be teh awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.